1845C (1999) fan hub bearing failed casuing a fair amount of damage. I could use some help assessing the damage and my options. I have included pics. 1. Fan pully hub: Casing has some damage is it still usable? if so I can order a bearing. 1a. There are 4 ball bearings in the hub assembly - only 2 were still there. Not sure if available as a separate part 2. Serpentine belt: Had a little cut? see pic usable? This seems like a PIA to replace 3. Cooling Fan: has one bent blad with a small crack. Can I just straighten? 4. Radiator had 4 pin holes spraying...but fins are flattened not sure about that mess.
Bearings are available separately, Replace the belt the fan and the rad can be recored. If the fan is cracked it will just break the blade off in the future and cause more trouble, never straighten a blade it will never be the same. Again it will break and cause more damage. Replace the belt I've seen them break and mess up a radiator as well. Might as well be all new parts. My two cents.
I would not use that fan. Anything else can be reused if you feel like it. The fins can be straightened easily, if the radiator is aluminum, I suppose I'd use JBweld. Solder for copper radiators. you can cut and cap the tubes, or patch the hole if they're smaller that way. how many blades on the fan? if you just want to get through the winter, or don't use it for long periods ever, then I might cut that blade off and the opposite one.
I will replace the belt and fan. I'm taking the radiator over to have it looked at. (local shop) The fan hub is a mess and those internal 4 individual bearing balls I've found no replacements available. Appreciate your responses
Fan hub bearing... HeavyEquipmentForums
The actual main bearing can be replaced , but those 4 individual balls which 2 are missing I can't find
I don't get it? you're not thinking you'll replace the balls only are you? NO.
I'm just hoping there is a problem with terminology here! Seems something a basic as a ball bearing would be easy to find, just need to know if it is a sealed or shielded bearing or open bearing. Even if numbers are not on bearing ID/OD and width in millimeters will most of the time let you find a bearing that will work. That fan blade with the crack in it would be in the scrap pile fast before anyone gets the idea to try to reuse it! Someone could get killed! Radiator shop should be able to repair that radiator.
The bearing is linked in post #5. Looks like it's a double ball bearing, that's used for a wheel bearing also. Not sure what the four balls are.
Checked that #5 post and see the 510014 number and if you search Google for that I see this: https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Automotive-510014-Wheel-Bearing/dp/B000CJQ95E And they claim to have two for $16.43 each!
These four
The circle on the RHS looks like a ball from the failed bearing - that is jammed in one of the bolt holes that holds the fan pulley on the hub. The circle on the LHS looks like it is the end of the bolt that holds the fan pulley on the hub. You still have some dismantling to do.
So you think those are just loose bearing (balls) from the actual bearing itself. that parked in there. Makes sense I just could not get a straight answer from anyone at the case dealership. It's not the bolt end , its a ball I removed and put it back to keep it if I needed it for reference and as I found it till I figured it all out
Alrman is one of the top two Case experts on this site, and this is about as basic an issue as you can get. Take that hub apart, clean it up and tell us what's going on. If it still doesn't make sense try this: should be close enough
No I get it now...Thank you I'm checking into the bearing NSK BD35-12AT12DDU8-01.
Anyone have a source for a 7 blade fan 1998736C1 . I'm having trouble finding one at a reasonable price?
Try these folks for used parts: https://www.luscocorp.com/contact-us/ https://amsconstructionparts.com/heavy-equipment-salvage-yard-parts
SO I replaced the Fan, Radiator, Fan hub assy and belt......and because I was there...a water pump. I also replaced the Alt (I knew that was getting bad) If you own a 1845C - Check your fan hub bearing. I would watch it run...never noticed wobble.....That bearing is under a 100.oo....That turned into about 1500.00. SO CHECK YOURS. Thank you to all who had advice.