Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845C Hydrostatic Drive

AGK ยท 2014-01-11 11:58

I found this site while looking for my problem with my skid steer. There looks to be a lot of knowledge on this site. Thanks everyone for the dedication to help others. My problem is I lost all of my control on both sides on my 1845C. With the help of this forum I released my bypass valves and towed the unit back to my house. (500 yards). I let it sit for a week then screwed the bypass valves back in and was going to check for charge pressure. I did not have the correct adaptor so I could not check it but I did get in the seat and tried the drive and It operated as if nothing had happened. So I continued to use the unit only to have it fail again. I pulled all the relief valves and all look oK and my charge pressure now is only about 150 PSIG cold. This unit is all mechanical so what puzzles me is the fact that I lost the drive control and it magically came back only to fail again. Has any one had this issue? Any ideas?? Thanks Al

Replies1
  1. #1steve wherley2014-01-19 18:49

    it all about what is charge psi as it warms up using it .not comon to lose both sides they have there own charge pumps with added oil from return equipment pump.Is hyd oil level up or is it all in the chain case with bad motor seal on late 1845c with out gear reduction at chain case?