Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845c injection pump test

majormark · 2020-10-19 10:55

my 1845c skid steer stopped ,, No fuel to injectors, there is fuel coming out the bleeders of the distribution pump, so fuel getting there, new solenoid, I removed dist. pump and it turns fine.. is there a way to test pump off the skid steer? Can I rebuild pump myself? its a lucas cva DBA pump.. Where can i buy rebuild kit? thanks

Replies8
  1. #1thepumpguysc2020-10-19 11:41

    It’s a CAV. DPA.. The oh kit is a 7135-110. Depending on what mdl # u have, it may take 2 front seals..that don’t come in the kit. U might find an oh manual online.

  2. #2RRock2020-10-19 14:11

    If I might, I'd like to jump in on this. I just bought an 1845C that has sat outside for many years not being used. I have the same symptoms that the OP has. Although I have not removed my IP yet. Fuel to the Bleed screws on the IP. I have added an electric fuel pump at the fuel tank to push fuel to the IP. Removed and cleaned and tested the stop solenoid. It works. I can see it pull in when I give it power when it is not installed in the IP. Also can see the fuel flow from the bleeders. Is there anything else I can try before removing the IP? Are you a rebuilder thepumpguysc? I see that you have a part number for the rebuild kit, where is that available from? Is rebuilding an IP something that I or the OP can do without too many special tools? I can start a new thread if needed, I figured my questions might help both of us.

  3. #3Nige2020-10-19 14:18

    Asked & Answered ............

  4. #4thepumpguysc2020-10-19 14:24

    Thanks Nige.. Yes u do need special tools to repair them.. it’s not a diy project. especially the 1st poster, where it sat for years.. I’m in S.C. but all carriers deliver here.. lol

  5. #5RRock2020-10-19 19:34

    Haha. Nice that someone can see the obvious. Sorry about that. I would like to contact you pumpguy.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2020-10-20 03:54

    That’s easy.. just put an aol dot com after my screen name in your mail service..

  7. #7majormark2020-10-20 12:52

    Thank You Thepumpguy,, I found the kit and manual.. and videos.. Looks fairly easy to rebuild as long as no broken parts inside.. That type pump has been around a long long time I see.. Let you all know how the rebuild goes.. Thanks again...

  8. #8thepumpguysc2020-10-20 13:24

    If ur going by the bundybear video, it’ll never run again. Lol Good luck