Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845c keeps blowing a fuse

Just in Case ยท 2017-06-06 08:58

I have a 1999 1845c with 3400 hours on it. Keeps blowing a fuse and the engine shuts down immediately. Engine cranks but no start. Found the fuse block below the seat. Four fuses in a row (all 30 amp-though that was kinda strange). One was blown. Replaced it and the engine fired right up. Ran it for a few hours and same problem, only now it blows with in a minute or less. I've looked for a shorted wire, can seem to find one. I could really use a wiring diagram just to see what this circuit powers. Any advice would be great.......

Replies2
  1. #1GaryHoff2017-06-11 17:27

    Check your fuel shut off solenoid. The one wire shut off solenoid is 9 ohms. The 3 wire shut off solenoid is used after sn JAF0250483. I will find a ohm spec if I can. Quick check to do, is when the fuse is blowing, just unplug the fuel shut off solenoid and put in a new fuse and see if it blows. The wiring harness is not too long on this unit, so finding a bad wire isn't too bad.

  2. #2kshansen2017-06-11 17:45

    I tried finding some thing in my notes as I seem to recall a similar problem with the 1845C at the quarry. I did find where there was a problem with it blowing fuses caused by a short in the wiring above your right shoulder. Not sure if yours is the same style but ours has all the gauges and switches up there and it is a little cramped area. Might try installing an inline amp gauge to that shut down solenoid to see what it is pulling. If GaryHoff's spec. of 9 ohms it should only show 1.33 amps at 12 volts or 1.5 amps at say 14 volts running.