Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845c Quick Tach.

marcusjr ยท 2014-12-23 11:26

I have a broke and worn out quick tach on my 1995 Case 1845c, can anyone tell me how to remove the cylinder pins fron the quick tach? The top has keeper pins which I removed and I cannot even drive out the pins. The lower I do not see anything on them but something has to be holding them in place.

Replies1
  1. #1Cajun19862014-12-23 18:48

    Good luck with that job. I recently overhauled my 93 1840 and had a similar problem. Pins would not budge, even with a considerable amount of heat. Solution was to use narrow cut off blade on angle grinder and cut off pin between frame and cylinder. Make sure you protect the cylinder rod to avoid accidental nicks. I tried to punch out the stubs but a 12 lb. sledge still would not budge them. I ended up drilling 1/4" hole down the center and using acetylene torch to remove most of pin before punching out the remaining stub.