I recently purchased a Case 90xt. It has standard aux-hydraulics (not high flow). I'm wanting to use this machine to dig post holes and drive fence posts on the farm. From what I've seen so far I have a problem. When the aux hydraulics are engaged, I can not lower the bucket. I am hoping that someone knows how to use the aux hydraulics and still operation the arms at a minimum but would like arm and bucket control. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me.
when I use to run a hyd brush mower on mine I could lower and tilt down bucket but to raise or tilt back had to let off of aux pedal so other circuits could get pressure. you should be able to do the same but it will not have down pressure because all of the flow and pressure is going to aux circuit it only has one implement pump on it they did offer two different higher flow systems.how old is machine and how many HRS on it . if you decide to sell it let me know my first one has well over 10,000hrs on it
This is also I've heard from multiple new Case machine owners. One couldn't even raise his broom from the road over the curb. Not sure it's all models, but it is still happening enough to hear it.
You should have no problem digging post holes and putting down pressure on the auger. I have dug tens of thousands of holes and never had this issue. I can lock the aux hyd on running an FFC Preparator and run the arms up and down without losing pressue to the attachment with an Alpha. I could not do that with previous XT or 400 series machines.
I also have a Case XT machine and TL-150. I have been looking for a good auger unit. If I understand what he is saying, the machine will not turn the auger and go down at the same time. I thought the machine's used gravity to lower the boom. I am getting ready to do a job that requires installing some old telephone poles for fence corners and I will need an auger. Will the 75xt work? What about the TL-150?
Either machine would work fine, I am guessing that the aux flow is about the same for either machine. I have a LOWE 1650E auger that I bought new in 1995. First attachment I ever bought. Digging post holes in my part of Idaho is no easy task. The Lowe has been real good. I lower arms very slowly to not rob the flow from the auger. The best thing about using a SSL or CTL to do post is the fact that you have down pressure available.
KSSS - A little off topic, but on your Case Alpha, how do you lock the aux hydraulics on?? I have a 4Q 2012 NH L220 (Alpha), it's virtually the same as a Case machine, except for paint & some body panels...& I can't find anywhere in the Operator's manual how to lock the aux hydraulics on to do something like running an auger. I do have high flow hydraulics & the advanced E-H controls with keyless ignition. Is it covered in your Operator's Manual?? If so, would you mind PM'ing me a copy of the page(s) involved? My NH Operator's Manual is pretty useless. Thanks....& I've enjoyed reading your posts here on the forum.
The roller switch on the control handle locks the hyd. on when you push all the way forward.
Mine has more of a proportional paddle switch that goes left or right...& do you mean when you push the roller switch all the way forward, or when you push the control lever all the way forward??
That is different than the CASE machines then. Both of my Alphas 2012 and 2014 have the roller up and down and pushing it up all the way locks it. Maybe your handle is bad and not locking the flow, I am not sure, but it sounds like the control handles are different.
KSSS, thanks...I did check my joysticks & the proportional paddle switch on the right joystick does have a locking detent on the far left & right which must lock the aux hydraulics on. For comparison with yours, here are photos of my joysticks with the controls labeled...
Interesting, the buttons are the same but the arrangement is quite different. I would point out the switch labled multifunc 4 is actually does not multifunction the hyd. I prefer the ride control button under the handle like yours and like the CASE 400 series is.
Thanks to all who replied. I've been calling around and finally figured out both of my problems. 1 - I could not get the float on the arms to engage. I was starting to think that it did not have a float. However today I finally pushed on the arm hard enough to either find float or bend the hand lever. It finally popped into place. I had called the former owner and asked about the float position. He said he never used it and was not sure it had one. That made me think that it was probably more of function of being stuck due to never being used. 2 - My concern over the aux hydraulics and arm control stemmed from hitting the aux lever with my foot during cleaning out a barn. Today after finding the float position, I started moving the hand levers when the AUX hydraulics were engaged and pressure was building up because they were not hooked to anything. Bucket tilts at all times. Arms lift at all times. The hydraulic system must generate pressure on both sides of the arms during lowering (I figured out that was likely due to the self-leveling features). However, moving the bucket up or down while lowering the arms with the aux hydraulics engaged allows that pressure to be relieved and the arms lower. We already have a Rhino hydraulic post hole digger but that is in another part of the farm. I expect it to work perfectly now that I've figured out the hydraulics. Thanks to all that responded. This is the first skidsteer we've had on the farm, and my first experience with any equipment with an AUX hydraulic system like this. I wanted to post this reply so that anyone reading this thread would know that the Case 90XT is more than capable of running a post hold digger and offering full control of the arms and bucket.
Question for a 90xt. There is a parking brake on the left hand control. When you hit this button does it disable the arms, bucket and travel control or just the travel control? The reason I am asking is sometimes when I am on a hillside I would like to keep the machine from coasting forward or backwards but not lose loader bucket controls. The parking button on my 90xt does not work. I am not sure if the previous owner disconnected it or if the button is just not functioning.