Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845C Stalls

kingmt ยท 2021-05-20 14:17

Last summer I replaced air, oil, & fuel filters which helped immensely. But I still have a problem. If there is more then 5 gallon of fuel in the tank it keeps stalling on me. It ruins great for a few minutes then it starts bogging down if you try to move. It will restart immediately and run great for a few more minutes. I thought maybe I was stirring up the tank when fueling it but the last time I filled it I let it set for 2 weeks before starting it. That didn't make a difference. Once I get down to about 5 gallon in the tank it will run great again with no problems. My only guess is a fuel pump but this seems like weird behavior.

Replies3
  1. #13X82021-05-21 07:55

    I don't know how the tank is vented but you might try loosening the fuel cap and see if it runs ok like that.

  2. #2kshansen2021-05-21 09:50

    Or as soon as it stalls remove the cap to see if there is suction in the tank. With a full or nearly full tank of fuel it should be gravity fed to the pump. Trying to remember, I think the 1845 has a camshaft operated pump that suck through one filter and then pushes fuel through the second filter to the inlet of the injection pump. Could you tee in a pressure gauge to see the pressure goin into the inlet of injection pump?

  3. #3kingmt2021-05-23 12:16

    I'll take a look & see if my pressure giraffe will fit it. I just checked at the cap yesterday & there is a vacuum but it still runs the same with the cap lose. I also noticed there is two fuel filters & I'm pretty sure I only change one of them.