So I have been going through my old basket case 1845C. Bought a project and it certainly has been. Finally getting somewhere and have hit a bit of a wall. I have had the tandem pump overhauled and am in process of replacing all of the hydraulic lines in the machine. I took pictures when I disassembled, but of course I did not get the perfect shot for my question. No big deal I have a manual. But the manual is not helping with this one. Can someone tell me how the pressure lines from the tandem pump to the drive motors are ran? What I mean is do the upper lines on the tandem pump go to the upper port on the drive motors? I know that the rear pump lines go to the right side motor. And from the drawing in the manual it appears that the upper pump line goes to the upper right side motor connection. The front tandem pump lines are where I am having trouble. From the way I see the drawing it looks like the front upper tandem line goes to the left lower pump connection. I am looking at page 6-20 in my 1845C manual if that helps. I have attached a pdf of the page.
Those look like Eaton drive motors. As long as you know the left and right side hose orientation, coming out of pump, the worst that could happen is motor would turn in opposite direction, when activated, in that case you would switch hoses at drive motor. Of course, if its super tight, that might be easier said than done.
Thank you for the reply. Mine are Danfoss motors. Mine do look like the drawing, maybe Eaton and Danfoss are the same IDK. But I figured the same as you suggest. If plumbed backwards then it is easy enough to swap lines at the motor. Easier said than done as always. For one thing it will make an oil mess in my freshly painted machine. Not a huge deal I know. But more importantly I am making my own hydraulic lines. Trying to make things a bit "cleaner" looking and easier to keep that way. Than the OEM lines that are always a trade off between good enough and perfect. Seems like it should have been pretty simple to find a decent hydraulic line schematic in the manual. Which I did find, but it is a hydraulic drawing and I'm not very well versed in that. It shows all of the hydraulic ports and valves, etc for the system not simply the line connections.
Get back on the Case website and look at the ones for serial number JAF0067437 and older, it might be yours.