Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

226d how to tell if high flow?

edrrt · 2023-02-25 13:04

I'm looking at a 226d today and the seller is trying to tell me it's a high flow machine but it only has the three couplers that I see on the standard machines. Is there any way to tell? It does not say high flow of the side badging.

Replies7
  1. #192U 34062023-02-25 13:29

    Post s/n and someone with SIS can look up the machine and see what options it left the factory with. Alternatively you could also call your local Cat dealer with the s/n and they can likely look it up too.

  2. #2ahart2023-02-25 14:11

    I thought standard flow machines were 2 hose and high flow machines were 3 hose, third hose being case drain which standard flow didn’t have. Am I wrong?

  3. #392U 34062023-02-25 14:39

    I don't recall seeing a Cat skid steer with more than 3 aux couplers up front. Not saying that its not possible though.

  4. #4Steve Frazier2023-02-25 22:40

    My 248 has 2 sets of connectors, standard flow and high flow. The high flow connectors are at least a third bigger than the standard flow. The 248 was the first highflow machine Cat built and is 20 year old technology. I haven't stayed up with the improvements but it would seem in order to be highflow the connectors would have to be larger than standard to move the oil.

  5. #5Maynard Plett2023-11-04 12:11

    Hi, I'm wondering too if my 259d has high flow. Serial # CAT0259DLFTK00310. Can someone help me out?

  6. #6Nige2023-11-04 12:21

    FTK00310 was originally built without High Flow but that was almost 10 years ago, so the possibility exists that it may have been converted to High Flow since then. However I would say that the chance of that having happened is extremely unlikely. Most owners would rather sell a machine and buy one of the configuration they need (High Flow in this case) rather than spend the $$$ on parts to retrofit the HF.

  7. #7Maynard Plett2023-11-04 12:27

    Ok good to know. Thanks Nige!