Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845C trouble

SVTMAN ยท 2009-12-14 09:24

I hope someone can help or has some insight on this. I have a Case 1845C runs great hydrolics are strong has a new drive pump onit. Problem is the right side is not as "fast" as the left side made all the adjustments in the controls and got better but still not right. After the machine warms up a bit when you go to turn it wont at part throttle you have to rev it up and it makes a sound "whine" like there is fluid on fluid. I have to move the left side stick before the right hand will function and ideas? Ant help would be appreciated!:usa

Replies9
  1. #1alrman2009-12-14 16:59

    Why did you replace pumps? Were drive motors inspected / replaced at that time also? If your pumps were bad - drive motors would be in same condition...... Need more info

  2. #2mkoepf2009-12-14 17:37

    Just a thought...check your chain cases. If one side is weak it could be internally leaking.

  3. #3SVTMAN2009-12-14 21:25

    The Pump on the fron of the motor was replaced when I got the machine I have no history of it at all bought it at an Estate auction. Chain cases how would I know if they are leaking? I opened up the covers in the cab and there is milky oil in there I figured that needed to be changed. How do you change that or is there even supposed to be oil in there?

  4. #4mkoepf2009-12-14 21:49

    The milky oil means there is moisture in the tank. There is a drain plug on the bottom rear of the chain case. There is only supposed to be 5 quarts of oil in each case. If the drive motor was leaking internally that bad that it has no power you should notice a significant amount of oil in the case. Also where the park brake goes into the side of the case, oil should usually leak out through there if it is filling up the chain case. Do you notice any oil in the belly of the machine that you can't trace to a hose? An easy way to check would be to jack up the machine, pull off the side cover between the tires, lock your park brake and have someone pull the lever to drive while you watch it.

  5. #5SVTMAN2009-12-14 23:58

    Ill try to check that in a couple days it is getting pretty cold here to be messing with it outside. Thanks for the info once I check Ill get back with ya!

  6. #6alrman2009-12-15 01:13

    this is your equipment pump, controls hydraulics only, nothing to do with your drive. Normally if performance slows at operating temp, it indicates a problem with pressure or oil flow. You really need to put a gauge on it to check charge pump pressure & check LH & RH under load to see if pressure drops. It's not an easy task & requires test gauges & hyd. fittings - have you the ability to do so? If not, it may be wise to pay someone who has tools & ability to check it out. We can help you if you have test gear. P.S. How do your control levers feel? Do they sit evenly in the neutral position? (one lever not sitting further fwd than the other) Is there much slop/wear before they actuate the servo levers on the pumps?

  7. #7SVTMAN2009-12-15 20:03

    Controls are nice even and tight. I am gathering the guages and fittings to check the pressures I have a service manual and have been reading up on this now. Any help is great! I was thinking maybe a relief valve is sticking?

  8. #8alrman2009-12-16 02:21

    It is possible a relief could be at fault - but unlikely. Quick way to check is to swap rev & fwd valves over & try it. The charge press test will most likely show the problem - try it cold & then with some temperature. Let us know what you find.

  9. #9SVTMAN2009-12-16 07:31

    Great will do! Thanks Jay