Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help locating Cab Enclosure

Comet ยท 2009-12-13 22:53

Hi I have a Cat 226 and wanted to enclose it this year Can anyone guide me in the right direction with the Nylon cab enclosures please, Most sites like Northern do not carry any cat products I have called the manufacturers and they claim they have not had time to measure the Cat machines yet and try to find a machine similar in size etc Maybe someone out there has all ready accomplished this with a Cat SS? Id appreciate all the info I can get Thanks in advance

Replies8
  1. #1caterpillar722009-12-13 23:23

    enclosure for a cat skid steer http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Cat_Cab_Enclosure_p/ace-cat.htm

  2. #2PDG X2009-12-14 08:44

    On my 236 Canopy machine I made bolt-on side windows out of a piece of 1/4" plexiglass that bolt on the outsides using the bolt holes in the side of the rops. You can get a 4x8 sheet of the scratch resistant kind for about $100-150, and it even looks decent. I also made a door with 2 handles on it that you set into the doorway after stepping in, using the hand rails and a couple for short bungie cords to the side mesh to hold it in place. Don't have a wiper, but it works fairly well just keeping the rain or snow out of your lap for awhile. Without having hinges you don't have to worry about the interlocks or the door being in the way when you don't want it. I just install the side windows in the fall when the temp starts to drop. They do a pretty good job stopping wind from blowing thru the cab since you are surrounded on 3 sides.

  3. #3Comet2009-12-14 08:54

    Thanks for both replys guys I will look into both options,

  4. #4Comet2012-10-04 19:45

    Enclosure Hi IM bringing up an old thread about the enclosure post from back in 12/09 I had purchaced a cab enclosure from freemont that worked out for just under 3 years. It was OK for awhile but lead me to want something much better along with a heater. So in January 2012 I broke down and had the a full factory enclosure with a heater installed, I wish I had installed one back in 2001

  5. #5BigAds2012-10-24 16:42

    Hi Tom......what did the replacement cost? I've just purchased a 226 and am looking to do the same!

  6. #6scott3217892012-10-24 17:11

    Thermfast Industries makes all types of enclosures. You can check them out on ebay by clicking the link. http://stores.ebay.com/Thermfast-industries Their phone # is 1 866 924 7355

  7. #7BigAds2012-10-24 17:12

    Thanks

  8. #8Comet2012-10-24 20:36

    The Acrylic Cab Enclosure from freemont.com was about $850 plus shipping which lasted me 3years with No Heat, which was bad I needed something better the Factory Door Enclosure with Sliding Glass Windows from Cat along with a Factory Cab Heater was expensive but worth it I dont have the break down but it ran me a total with tax $7000.00 for the two installaions, Im real happy