Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845C wheel motor run backwards.

Mignic ยท 2017-01-16 17:45

Had both wheel motors leaking so installed new kits from CNH without the manual. Tried to put back together exactly the same but as luck would have it both are running backwards. Found out about the timing method after I had put everything together. Question is, can I just swap the hoses? Or should the oil only run one way thru the motor? Yeah I know it goes both ways when you're running it but I wonder about the internals on the motor? Anybody had this happen? TIA

Replies6
  1. #1thrashingcows2017-01-16 19:26

    Wish I could be of help, but I find this very interesting....I may need to reseal my motors at some time and this is great info....will be watching for a solution to your problem.

  2. #2DIYDAVE2017-01-16 21:18

    Don't know about case, or your motors, but on my asv rc30, you can re-assemble cartridge of the motor 2 ways. In my case switching hoses did the trick. You might want to find a good local hyd shop to ask this question of. You will likely need to know the motor part # and as many specs, on it, as you can find...

  3. #3kshansen2017-01-17 09:18

    Just an off the top of the head thought, how hard is it to swap the motors from one side to the other? Might you have assembled they correctly but got confused as to which one went on which side? Been a couple years since I was at work but not sure if there is enough slack in the hoses to allow you to swap them on the motors. Always seemed to be lucky to get them hooked back up the way they came off. Also if you are reusing old hoses I would be worried about trying to reroute them as they could be very stiff and possibly crack inside causing major problems down the road. I know it may be a lot of work to fix it right now but at least everything should be fairly clean and fasteners not rusted in place.

  4. #4Mignic2017-01-17 09:34

    Swapping the motors would do the same thing as swapping the hoses. Was actually real easy to swap hoses. Runs fine but want to make sure we're not damaging anything internally.

  5. #5Skidloadertech2017-01-18 14:36

    Hi , From my experience I would say if your motors don't have hot oil shuttle valve or flushing valve that works only for one direction you should be ok . I am quite certain that your machine should be ok to swap hoses .

  6. #6GaryHoff2017-01-18 20:42

    Sounds like you already know its out of time. You will have a hard time getting it back into proper time. Most fail safe way is to get the motor back into time. You will likely be ok if you just switch the hoses.