Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mecalac MCR

Paul C. Lorusso ยท 2017-01-17 12:31

Check out these machines. They are a true 4 in 1 machine, skid Steer, excavator, dozer and telehandler. The versatility saves on lowbed moves and makes for more efficient time used on site. We have started selling them in the Northeast with a great deal of positive feedback. Click on the link and tell me what you think. https://youtu.be/cdfKtv7_NYQ https://youtu.be/TyXnGnX17xo

Replies15
  1. #1lantraxco2017-01-17 22:21

    I liked them so much I inquired the factory a while back about dealer/distributor possibilities. Response at that time was they were not ready to market in North America. Apparently your timing was better than mine. YMMV

  2. #2Paul C. Lorusso2017-01-18 08:06

    You were drawn to them for the same reasons we were probably. The versatility is unbelievable. Stout and rugged as well.

  3. #3Delmer2017-01-18 10:50

    How much for a one week rental delivered to West Texas with a hammer? HeavyEquipmentForums I won't argue that they're handy and versatile. Backhoes are versatile too, but they're getting replaced with mini excavators and skid steers. I don't know if we're quite at the same point as Europe yet. I think we've had this conversation several times regarding pin couplers, twist wrists, 4 in 1 buckets, etc. that are seen as essential in Europe and urban Australia, but are surprisingly rare in the US. How many hours do you have to NEED those features every day/week/year to pay for the added cost and complexity? I think that's what it comes down to.

  4. #4Paul C. Lorusso2017-01-19 16:28

    Conexpo Mecalac will be out at conaggexpo if anyone is going? There will be a great display outdoors.

  5. #5lantraxco2017-01-19 17:11

    Silver Lot 3... See you there

  6. #6lantraxco2017-01-19 18:13

    Paul, what do the retail prices look like roughly on the three MCR sizes?

  7. #7Tags2017-01-19 19:06

    I'm heading to Conex with a fine bunch of gentlemen....one of the guys and I were just contemplating heading up to you location in Mass to check these out. Do you have room to run them around a bit at you yard?

  8. #8Paul C. Lorusso2017-01-20 08:49

    Absolutley you can run them in the yard. We need a little heads up so we can bring them over to the crushed stone location down the street. Give me a call at LHE, 508-660-7600.

  9. #9Paul C. Lorusso2017-01-20 08:57

    The utilization rate in the running of these machines is at the very least the combined hours of mini excavator and skid steer. Now take into effect you are moving one machine instead of two.

  10. #10Paul C. Lorusso2017-06-21 15:16

    Did anyone on this thread go to Conexpo and checkout the Mecalac machinery? We had a great turnout.

  11. #11lantraxco2017-06-21 15:27

    My brother and I along with "Dan the welder" spent some time at your display looking machines over and watching the demonstrations. We were all tremendously impressed with every aspect of these machines!

  12. #12Paul C. Lorusso2017-06-21 16:06

    Great news. That is what I like to hear.

  13. #13Tags2017-06-21 20:27

    Me and some friends were there and checked them out and watched the demo as well. Neat machines, I'd like to see how they do down the road....

  14. #14skata2017-06-22 00:04

    they definetly look interesting. i'm curious as to the pricing.

  15. #15Paul C. Lorusso2017-06-22 11:33

    So far so good. We have been selling them a year now. We did extensive research around the world before we were comfortable bringing the first batch in. Up in the Northeast as you know we have tough landscape, sand, ledge, narrow roads as in tight working areas and tough operators. Here is my cell give me a call if you want, 774-994-1569.