Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1918 bucyrus model 41 dragline.

qball ยท 2010-07-27 22:42

my buddy mike is restoring this dragline. it is all rebuilt to like new or better. he had it running on air a few weeks ago and it should be running on steam in a year or so.

Replies11
  1. #1fiatad52010-07-28 13:28

    Bucyrus Erie Hello, i am working on a Bucyrus Erie E 2 from 1932 with a Atlas Imperial diesel motor. Is it possible to post more pictures? Greetings Niels

  2. #2fiatad52010-07-28 13:37

    Bucyrus Erie YouTube - Earthmoving @ Harderwijk SOMA 2009 Part 1 This is the Bucyrus working at an open day of earthmovingmachines Greetings Niels

  3. #3fiatad52010-07-28 13:41

    Bucyrus Erie YouTube - moving the bucyrus This is after the restauration. Greetings Niels

  4. #4JTL2010-07-30 16:37

    Thats awesome Q. Would love to see it running some day. How many beers and busted knuckels does he have into that thing so far?:drinkup

  5. #5EGS2010-07-30 22:47

    Where is that at? If it is close enough I may have to come take a look.

  6. #6frenchriverland2010-10-27 19:14

    I would like to see it too!!!!

  7. #7AGA-PARTS2010-11-01 18:01

    Looks very nice , I hope everything will work out !

  8. #8MNERIC2011-03-29 18:22

    I spoke at length with the gentleman who owns this 41 and he is a asset to the hobby and to the preservation of Steam construction machines! This is one of a few projects he is working on with an organization he belongs to. I hope to talk to you again soon Mike!

  9. #9jabbers2011-04-01 21:29

    In southern ohio there is an old dragline call old muskie. I was told it is the biggest one ever built.

  10. #10draglineguy2012-12-23 23:28

    I would like to get in touch with you Niels, I am the guy restoring the steam dragline ,have some questions for you [email protected]

  11. #11fiatad52012-12-24 13:30

    Bucyrus Hello, My mailadres is [email protected] When you have questions about the Bucyrus, i will answer them iff i can. Greetings Niels.