. ( 1924 ) Snow Tractor in action. http://www.flixxy.com/snow-vehicle-concept.htm .
wonder why they never put it into production?
pretty neat! check out the fence at 6:56....lol Pj
my guess is that the amount of wear arising from the spinning drums, and also I think about that time wern't track type tractors such as the holt (Caterpillar) tractor coming into mass production? It's a cool idea though nonetheless, and from my stand point I can think of several "around the farm" uses for a machine like that!
Yep i seen that vid before,cool...
Seemed to be way ahead of its time for 1924, especially since you could replace the wheels for the summer. Neat idea. I'd love to have that old Chevy, they had style back then.
Cool to see one run Great video. We had one of these machines rusting in a local park for here for years. A new car museum here in town just picked it up. As I understand, it was one that trecked to the north pole. I don't recall the whole story but understand that there were some problems with them on the expedition. A couple were abandoned along the way. Video of that expedition at the aeronotic museum here in Fairbanks. Thanks for posting this. Great to see it running so well. Sockeye.
Thanks for the post Sockeye. if you ever get around the museum or the tractor make sure you take a few pics for us. Pj
That was freakin awesome! I love all those old snow going machines. Back in the good ole days of mechanical ingenuity. Now they would just toss another computer on it.....
Figures, I can't see it... loads everything on the page but what I want to see! Probably one on the many wonders of dialup, our internet provider's computer probably looks a whole lot like that machine!!!
. Try this video and see if it works. http://www.flixxy.com/snow-vehicle-concept.htm
I have seen that before but thanks
Please don't look if you have seen it before,it wastes it for other people that have not seen it yet.Ron G
So, if you don't have kids at home watching TV with commercials for toys, you might not have seen this: http://www.hotwheels.com/videos/terrain-twister-commercial Now, this thread was posted about a year and a half ago. I can't find anywhere on the video site that says when that video was posted to the interwebs, but it's not hard to imagine where the toy inventor got the idea, is it? (BTW, Mrs. Digger tells me the toy gets TERRIBLE reviews, and isn't worth the price.)
Yair . . . I believe several companies manufacture machines that operate on this principle . . . there is at least one here localy that is used in a spoils dam. I reckon a google search would dig up info if anyone was interested. Cheers
Yair . . . Yup http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw-propelled_vehicle Cheers