Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1941 TD6 Dozer

mx_599 ยท 2015-09-07 16:45

Can anyone tell me more about this dozer or point me in right direction? When I do searches, I do not see that overhead cable system going to the blade? Here are some photos

Replies6
  1. #1alskdjfhg2015-09-07 17:20

    Looks like the cable is routed through that tube on the side of the machine. Not an expert though.

  2. #2stumpjumper832015-09-07 17:30

    that's back in the day before a bull dozer was a factory produced unit. there were tractor companies and their were attachment companies modifying them. In your case you have an ih tractor and a Buckeye G-I-T blade and cable control system. Is the machine yours?

  3. #3stumpjumper832015-09-07 17:32

    if you google buckeye bladed dozers you will find several, one on an ih and one on an allis

  4. #4lantraxco2015-09-07 17:47

    Isaacson Tracdozer was popular out here in the Northwest, lots of older IH tractors were fitted with them.

  5. #5mx_5992015-09-07 19:57

    thanks for this info, I will search those things. Not mine, but might have chance to acquire it from distant relative if I want.

  6. #6mx_5992015-09-07 20:00

    thanks for the leads everyone