Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1944 D7 letournea blade

j roberts · 2022-01-12 20:12

Need some advise on how to adjust cable drum to hold blade up. Will lift it put lever near neutral position and it slams. The brake linings look good and they aren’t any adjustable linkage that I can see to tighten it up

Replies4
  1. #1boaterri2022-01-14 09:45

    Good looking machine!

  2. #2Old Magnet2022-01-14 12:35

    The best advice I can give is get a copy of the "War Department Technical Manual" for the D7 which covers operation, maintenance, parts, repair and adjustments including an extensive section on the LeTourneau R7 Power Control. The Form Number is TM5-3092 and there are several reasonably priced manuals on ebay.

  3. #3j roberts2022-02-03 07:02

    Thanks for the lead on the book ! Exactly what I needed. I got it a few days back and has tons of info in it on maintaining and adjusting winch. Now to find time to do it .....

  4. #4Old Magnet2022-02-03 12:56

    Glad you got it. That's a fine example "3T" that you have there.