Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1949 D6-U9

1975988 ยท 2023-03-25 22:25

Hello all, I am new to the site and see there is some super knowledge here. I just bought a 1949 D6 Dozer which is awesome. I got it cheap 1700 bucks, I need a used short block for it, since one piston is missing and two connecting rods are busted. I would use the current block and rework the crank and install new pistons but on the 3rd cylinder the bottom casting broke due to the connecting rod, which is a problem since the 3 o-rings do not have anything to seal to. Curious if some of you have a source for a short block or old engine that needs some rework. Thank you all for the time. GvK SN 9U3642

Replies4
  1. #1Lumberjack Matt2023-03-26 16:10

    You could try posting to the for sale/wanted forum on ACMOC.org. Other than that you might need to find a doner machine. You could also check with General Gear up in Idaho to see if he has one.

  2. #219759882023-03-27 06:00

    Thank you Lumberjack Matt.

  3. #319759882023-03-29 12:58

    I would like to thank John Parks at General Gear & Machine 733 Desert Wind Road Boise, ID 83716 Vc. 208 342 8911 Fx. 208 342 8999 http://www.steeringclutch.com http://www.tractorparts.com He is a great resource and takes the time to speak with you. Thank you again LumberJack Matt for the contact. Looks I will be taking a trip to Boise.

  4. #4Lumberjack Matt2023-03-30 10:25

    Yup, he has been a life saver for me in my restoration, always very helpful.