Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1958 Austin Western headed for scrap

rezeye ยท 2010-04-07 20:00

it is with a heavy heart that I announce today that after an extensive parts search no rear end differential could be found so the decision is being made to cut her up and scrapped may she be rebuilt into another piece of heavy equipment amen R.I.P. Ole Red a 1958 Austin-Western Super 99 power grader

Replies7
  1. #1mitch5042010-04-07 22:54

    Did you try Thill Tractor Company? they have many AWs in their junkyard. If not they probably want yours.

  2. #2crayton2010-04-07 23:39

    Tranny any good in it? I have a AU grader but can't remember the model. I think 66. Jumps out of 2nd gear . Mine has an IHC 4 cy engine and only two rear wheels. Where in Montana ? I,m not to far away. 509-721-0130

  3. #3rezeye2010-04-08 14:43

    well after two last ditch efforts to save my beloved machine from the scrap yard the date for cremation via gasoline torch and oxygen has been set for this saturday april 10 starting in the morning beer will be served and any and all useable parts will be saved including transmission, cylinders, hydraulic pump, valve body ,etc... my number 406-666-9114 for anybody interested in any useable parts :usa

  4. #4bill53622010-04-08 21:43

    Rezeye, I have an Austin Western grader that I will be getting ready to sell if you are interested I will get you some pics, and information. The motor was replaced about six years ago and has approximately 200 hrs on it, everything works the blade could use a little tighten up and some paint. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks Bill

  5. #5sandnsnow2010-04-20 00:11

    Too bad, Wish i would have seen your post before I scraped mine acouple of weeks ago. I would have given you the parts you needed. Where is montana are you? I know of acouple 99's over there. There is a place in Spokane WA called Norcan. They have 3 or 4 99's in there if she is not meet the torch yet.

  6. #6rezeye2010-04-21 09:03

    too late takin another load to the scrapyard today but i am in search of another blade close to my home south of Billings montana ASAP

  7. #7Bigstevex42010-04-23 16:29

    I remeber tring to find parts 30 years ago for an old AW diff i think we got one from isreal finaly out of an old miltary grader.