Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1959 Cat D337F Genset

Nige ยท 2020-06-08 21:29

I liked this................

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2020-06-08 21:30

    When it was load boxed it sounded even better............

  2. #2petepilot2020-06-08 23:49

    guy knows his stuff . excellent video

  3. #3Tyler d4c2020-06-09 00:11

    Would be a great back up for the house and shop. And the rest of the town

  4. #4Old Doug2020-06-09 20:29

    I am curious is this gen old to most or have you guys ever worked were something like this was common. This thing would have been very usable and considered newer were i have worked. I saw one like it a few years back that some one had rigged a Honda engine up as a ponymotor.

  5. #5Welder Dave2020-06-14 17:25

    960 hours it's barely broken in. Just played with full load and the guy obviously knows his stuff on generators.

  6. #6Tugger22020-06-30 10:31

    Very impessive video.I wish he was closer,i have a D311 Cat 25KW 3phase. I actually bought it as a spare engine for D2 ,but it would be nice to know if single phase power could be pulled of it.

  7. #7excavator2020-06-30 11:54

    I can see having this as a backup generator in a hospital and all the old guys hoping the power will go out so we can just lay there and listen to it.

  8. #8Tyler d4c2020-06-30 16:08

    I believe you could at least a old self with a 6 71 hooked to it you could if I'm remembering ruth you just used two legs but I maybe wrong.

  9. #9Welder Dave2020-06-30 18:21

    Huh???

  10. #10Tyler d4c2020-06-30 21:57

    Auto correct and lack of editing I'll fix it

  11. #11Tyler d4c2020-06-30 22:00

    In short a old delco set I've messed with powered by a 6 71 Jimmy to get single phase up just pulled power off two legs way I remember it being used when the boss got it. We run 3 phase stuff with it.