Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Atlas pull behind scraper

ryanmueller · 2020-06-27 21:09

Picked up this atlas pull behind scraper for $50 to pull behind my d2 I can’t figure out how the digging is controlled. There’s linkage that goes to the tongue but I don’t know what moves it. The dump has a trip rope to roll the bowl

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2020-06-28 00:01

    it looks like a tumblebug with wheels. A cable control unit would have been the most common available "remote" power source, those bars and chain were added to adapt it for use with a three point hitch. It functions with the pull rope mostly, the linkage is for adjusting the angle, not on every load. That's my story...

  2. #2petepilot2020-06-28 00:04

    ryan . I may be all wet but I believe you`re digging would be controlled with the 3point lift on a farm type tractor while the tongue would be hitched to the lower draw bar. I have something similar and towing it with a crawler is a trip when it comes to turning it around. takes a 40 acre field

  3. #3ryanmueller2020-06-28 14:11

    All i have to pull it is a d2 3j so im thinking ill add a hydraulic cylinder to the linkage and control the depth that way

  4. #4Delmer2020-06-28 15:48

    I'd run it a while with a ratchet turnbuckle so you can adjust the angle till you get it where you want it, and then leave it there. I don't think it needs to be adjusted every cycle. Why does the hitch have a couple inches of play up and down? and what do those bolts on the frame near the front corners of the tumblebug do?

  5. #5ryanmueller2020-06-28 23:30

    The bolts on the front corners adjust the apron hight. I believe i do have to adjust the linkage going up the tounge every pass otherwise it would always be digging and never carrying