I have a 1959 ford 871 tractor with the selectomatic 10 speed with power steering. I need to know all the different oils for tranny, gear cases, location of all the fill, check and drain plugs for it or a manual for it. If anybody has any info about this tractor, I'd greatly appreciate it.
You can find the I&T shop service manual at Tractor Supply for about $20..Got a reprint owners manual from new holland dealer for about the same price..I've got a '57 850 and between the 2 books everything is covered...
If you have never been around a slecto before be very carefull with the park better yet never leave the seat with the engine running and never let somone run it unless they have run a tractor for alot of years. Its better to be safe than dead i can give you several names of guys that have horrer storys about selectros.