Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1979 444 Case Tractor 5/8” 37°double flair fitting

Leighva · 2021-03-07 00:26

Any one know where I can buy a tool to make 5/8” 37° double flair fittings for a older tractor?

Replies5
  1. #1Coaldust2021-03-07 05:42

    Parker sells a decent one. I have the 212FB. Your Parker Dealer can get one for you.

  2. #2Sportsman7622021-03-17 19:10

    Ridgid 377 or Imperial 400F are good flaring tools. The Ridgid has a clutch so your less likely to overwork the pipe. Use a Parker BX nut with a TX sleeve or an Eaton 1290 nut with a 900605 sleeve. According to Parker the 212FB is for "soft metal tube ends" "For use with copper and aluminum alloy tube in sizes 1/8” through 3/4” O.D." Not that it would not work. Just not recommended by Parker.

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-03-18 10:39

    I never had much luck making double (bubble) flares on tubing. The dam pin on the die would break off on the first use of it. I hope Leighva posts his outcome in his flaring job.

  4. #4Sportsman7622021-03-18 19:42

    I made an error in my prior post. The equipment and tools I listed are for a 37 degree single flare for use with JIC fittings. If a double or bubble flare is needed it will use different tools. However I am not aware of any older tractors utilizing those flares. Normally they are a JIC.

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-03-18 21:47

    A lot of those older single flare tubes had a sleeve on them that could rotate while tightening the nut down.