Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1962 (ish) Cat

JD4020 ยท 2008-04-01 22:18

My neighbor has an old Cat loader. I have no info on it and would like to find out some more. I talked with his son, who said he thinks it is around a 1962. It has a unique cab, like Ive never seen before. Anybody have any pics they can post to help me see one, so I can get some more info? I have no pics of it myself.

Replies6
  1. #1JD40202008-04-01 22:22

    After a google search, I came up with this, its DAMN close, except without all the pipelaying stuff. The website I found it at was hard to navigate and get more info. Any info?

  2. #2Buckethead2008-04-02 00:00

    The loader in the pic looks like a 950. It's an articulated loader so I think it is newer than 1962.

  3. #3Rusted2008-04-02 02:31

    If the year is correct it would be a rigid frame...either a 922A, 944A, or 966A. Here is a link to a 922B on ebay...this one would be about 1965. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CAT-CATERPIL...ryZ41506QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

  4. #4PETE3792008-04-02 14:54

    We had a 1967 950 with the regular cab, but I remember seeing that cab in the parts book.

  5. #5JD40202008-04-02 15:06

    Ive settled on a 966A, nt sure on year. I just wanted more info, its an AWESOme loader, when I was younger I spent HOURS sitting in it making noises. My favorite part is the bell rigged up in the wheel, so when in reverses, it makes an awesome ding, ding, ding. If I was older and in the business I would jump on a chance to buy it. Brakes are bad, needs paint, but thats about it. I hope he pulls it out this summer so I can take some pics.

  6. #6PETE3792008-04-02 16:01

    There's no plate in the cab somewhere, or in the center of the machine? A 966A looks totaly different then that pic. Like the other guys said, a 966A would be a straight frame, rear steer machine. It would be a 966B if its a 966. Look for an ID plate would be best bet, you can figure out the year by the serial number.