Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1963 cat D6b

Chris7810 · 2020-01-07 14:24

Just wanted to show off my working antique. I picked this one up a couple years ago as my starter dozer. I've been wanting and needing one on occasion for years but dont have enough work to justify 100k on a used newer one yet. It gets maybe 20-40 hours a year run time. It runs and operates pretty much like new, cold starts better than my new equipment. It was originally an AG tractor, didn't get its blade until the 90s. Had an in frame done in 98 and rollers in 06. I am completely happy with this old lady but it would be nice to have the options new ones have. But there is nothing like the sound and feel of old iron.

Replies8
  1. #1Blocker in MS2020-01-07 19:17

    I like it!!

  2. #2Welder Dave2020-01-07 19:32

    Looks good but I'd do something to protect the hoses on the right side and maybe make a guard to protect the back hyd. set up. You accidently back into some tree's or something could cause major damage.

  3. #3Chris78102020-01-07 20:12

    I need to bring it home and build some stuff for it. It's a little heavy for my pickup to haul around so I dont like to transport it much.

  4. #4DB22020-01-07 22:43

    Love the machine. However those headlights look similar to the eyeballs on one of my first girlfriends. All kidding aside it looks like it’s been well maintained.

  5. #5grandpa2020-01-07 22:43

    Is that a 44A... around the 4000s serial number?

  6. #6Chris78102020-01-07 23:08

    I dont remember, I'll check and let you know

  7. #7Joseph Marasco2020-01-08 07:40

    Cool looking old lady!

  8. #8Tinkerer2020-01-08 10:28

    Too funny. Nice looking dozer tho !