Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6H question

satkinson · 2020-01-07 09:30

Does anyone know if D6H LGP serial number 2TG 5G8983 is Diff steer. Theres one for sale in the auction I might buy but needs to be diff steer, i cant see off the pics. Thanks in advance

Replies11
  1. #1John C.2020-01-07 10:20

    Differential steer will have a tiller control lever. I can't for the life of me remember a D6H with differential steering.

  2. #2seatwarmer2020-01-07 10:21

    Are you sure about the S/N ?

  3. #3seatwarmer2020-01-07 10:27

    Only pic I see on SIS for a 2TG prefix steering:

  4. #4satkinson2020-01-07 12:17

    The sn does look a bit goofy Its just what they have on the machine details. It has series 2 decals fitted and says its year of manufacture is 1988. I'm fairly sure the later 6hs were diff steer.

  5. #5Mobiltech2020-01-07 13:16

    The late series II were diff steer but a 2tg is not a series II according to sis

  6. #6satkinson2020-01-07 13:23

    Its probably not a series 2 sounds a bit dodgy

  7. #7Nige2020-01-07 13:59

    Maybe get back to the auction company and tell them the S/N doesn’t make sense.? Ask them to supply the correct S/N. A photo of the plate in the cab would be ideal. If the 2TG prefix is correct it should be followed by 5 digits, the first one of which will most likely be zero.

  8. #8John C.2020-01-07 20:38

    According to my serial number program, which doesn't cover machines not made for the United States, there is no 2TG prefix serial number. You need some more research. The earliest D6 that I can remember with diff steer was a D6R. Not saying they didn't make if for the D6H, just saying I've don't remember ever looking at one with it.

  9. #9Nige2020-01-07 20:47

    2TG is a good prefix John. Not sure where the model was manufactured though. Everything I can see indicates that it is a clutch & brake machine, NOT differential steer.

  10. #10td15c2020-01-07 23:56

    I ran a D6 series2 back in 1999 with diff steer and open cab. If I remember right it had a knob you twist on the end of the tiller to shift 1 2 3 gears instead of the electric shift buttons on the 6r.

  11. #11Bluox2020-01-08 00:18

    The 2TG is a French sourced machine and were PS machines but apparently at serial # 4000 the 2TG became a series II machine and these were available with differential steering. check that serial number withyour Cat dealer . Bob