Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1963 Hough H50B Parts Availability

Impact1983 ยท 2016-12-11 22:00

Hello heavy equipment dudes. I have a old 1963 Hough H50B wheel loader. I've been searching and searching for a place that could be a parts connection for me for this old machine but have had no luck. What have you all done over the years with your Hough loaders? Are there still parts available? Or is everyone jury rigging everything and hoping it works and can get it through another year. Please tell me what you all have done with your Hough wheel loaders, since Hough went out of business long ago. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2016-12-12 10:50

    Been years since I was lucky enough to work on a Hough, that's only partially sarcastic! Many of the parts are somewhat generic or can be substituted with other parts, like brake valves and depending on the engine used parts from another type of machine or truck. The one place we used to use for used or aftermarket parts was in Buffalo, NY http://www.hrparts.com/index.html The last Hough we had at the quarry was actually a 1989 550 Dresser(still basically the same machine) The guy who bought it was down in Rhinebeck NY he and his sons were big fans of the old Houghs and Dresser in their excavation and gravel pit operations. Might be worth a phone call to see if they have any good sources of parts. Paul Matthies 35 Mathies Way Rhinebeck, NY 12572 Phone: (845) 876-6014

  2. #2lantraxco2016-12-12 12:55

    Hough ended up part of International, which became Dresser, which was bought up by Komatsu. Unlikely they'll be much help, but it's worth a call.

  3. #3Impact19832016-12-12 19:16

    Thank you for your response. I will try what you have suggested Kshansen. That's sort of what Ive been doing over the years. Pulling parts out of it and going to local truck dealers or parts stores and matching them up so far Ive gotten everything Ive needed. I can get maintenance related parts for this machine such as spark plugs, fuel filters, oil filters, trans filters etc. But I know someday there will be something that goes on it that I wont be able to find quick and will have to search far and wide for. I only use this machine for snow removal and once and a while other stuff around the shop so Im not putting a lot of hours on it a year.