Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1964 47a d7e equalizer bar

catman63 ยท 2015-11-09 09:27

what are the tricks to put a new bar in? I got the old one out fairly easy because it was in two pieces

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2015-11-09 11:24

    Do you have a photo of the old bar showing the end fittings where it connects to the track frame..?

  2. #2catman632015-11-09 22:30

    I will get some

  3. #3catman632015-11-12 11:26

    I can't get any pictures loaded but it tapers down to a 2-3 inch blunt end

  4. #4Old Magnet2015-11-12 13:27

    No tricks other than surviving with all your fingers.....

  5. #5catman632015-11-12 13:39

    Thank you for the info

  6. #6John C.2015-11-12 20:36

    You have to remove one of the track top roller stands and then the saddle clamps in the photos. I've seen plenty of machines where the retaining bar bolts for the saddle were either broke off in the lugs on the frame or the lugs were gone completely. I used to purchase the new lugs from the dealer and get used or make the bars. The new lugs can be welded back into the frame easy enough. You may have a cast steel or fabricated bar and usually the ends are worn just about round. There are big pads on each track frame the ends ride on which also get worn into. I've welded the worn parts and put all the stuff back together easy enough. The cause of most of the mess is operators pushing down on the blade and raising the whole front of the machine off the ground trying to cut some rock. All the weight ends up on the center of the bar and those pads.

  7. #7catman632015-11-13 11:14

    Thank you for the info you provided.

  8. #8d9gdon2015-11-13 22:03

    I have 3 of those pads in my shop brand new that I'd like to sell. They're Cat not aftermarket.

  9. #9catman632015-11-14 10:36

    I'm up in Alberta Canada and just picked mine up sorry I couldn't help you out

  10. #10catman632015-11-19 14:10

    how do you load pictures on this site I will send some of my d7

  11. #11Nige2015-11-19 14:15

    Look at the line of icons above the box for text when replying to a post. Click on the 3rd last icon on the right that comes us as "insert image" and follow the instructions ......