Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1965 Case Model D530TC

JointVenture ยท 2009-12-15 09:41

Hi Folks! My father (God bless his soul) purchased this machine back in the mid seventies for a homestead machine ... hauling logs, maintaining the drive, digging horse graves, we also installed quick disconnects and ran a log splitter with the hydraulics. It has seen better days, the loader structure has failed a couple times and been half-ass repaired, most of the pins are shot, and the transmission pops out of gear regularly ... along with many hydraulic leaks. The engine does still run great though! (nice paint job eh? :beatsme ) My question is this: What would you do with this machine? I have purchased a newer larger machine, so really have no use for it, and have no desire to restore old equipment. Would you - Sell it complete? (is there a market or interest in old Case equipment?) Part it out? (perhaps the Model 32 bucket, or Model 32 backhoe are worth more separately?) Scrap it? (I understand it's four to five tons of steel) Park it and let it return to the Earth ... eventually? Park it and use it as a target for my 50cal? :laugh (nah, have an old Nissan for that ) Right now I'm thinking of scrapping it out, hanging onto the engine for some use down the road, perhaps a stationary generator .... never know when the grid will fail here in New England and the :shf. What would you do?? :usa JV

Replies8
  1. #1snoball2009-12-16 11:37

    If you have no use for it instead of letting it sit and rust out, keep what you want and sell the rest off. JMO

  2. #2shoskins2009-12-16 19:18

    I would post it on craigslist.com or a similar site that is free - you never know who might stumble across it and buy it, and if not it didn't cost you anything but a few minutes of your time....

  3. #3Taylortractornu2010-01-02 03:39

    Id sell it whole, a smaller farmer, or a person cleaning up a place around here that thing would bring 2500 to 4500 easy. If it were closer to Mississippi I could place it for you. Id hate to see something like that scrapped unless it was used to eep another machine goin. My TLB is a 75 model 3550 Ford. I was putting in a septic system for a friend and saw he had a beat to death 4500, the loader had been broken off at the bucket. I bought it and fixed the throttle and a farm bought it for 5000.

  4. #4truklodyte2010-01-02 08:02

    I aggree with the others sell it to a person that can give it new life as a restoration project or sell it to someone that can fix it and use it again.I am formerly from New England states.There is always someone looking for a good little back hoe loader.Firewood guys,small sawmills,Driveway pavers,Cranberry growers,or a small farm.

  5. #5krylon2012-08-11 18:43

    how much do you want for the backhoe parts

  6. #6JointVenture2012-08-12 18:06

    Tried to sell it whole, nobody wanted it ... so I parted it out. Sold the backhoe and rear wheels/tires, saved a few hydraulic cylinders, saved the engine, and scrapped the rest of it. Ended up with around two grand, which I was happy with.

  7. #7cheneykaiser2014-10-07 09:37

    If you still have the boom cylinder I would be interested in it and the parts that go along with it such as the mounting pins and stuff. Please let me know either way, thanks. Wesley

  8. #8JointVenture2014-10-07 20:03

    Sorry Wesley, the boom cylinder went with the backhoe to a gentleman in NH.