Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1967 case 580ck dry clutch

Pem429 · 2019-06-09 09:10

Hello, New here and looking for some expert help on my machine. Just purchased this 580ck backhoe going through it replacing bushings and pins my question is I had it running the other day and it started rattling at the clutch I pulled the cover on the left side of the bell housing and was able to see the release bearing. The bearing is good but the part the bearing is attached to is really loose and wobbly on the shaft. Is this normal or should it be a more snug fit. This part is what is making all the noise. The clutch was replaced not long before I purchased it. I have read a lot of the post on here on these machines and they have helped a lot on other things I’ve done so far. I hope one of you can help. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2019-06-13 17:10

    It is a nuisance and a bit noisy but not a big problem. You would have to split the machine at the bell housing to replace it.