Hello My old case 310 g diesel has been sitting for couple years and On trying to start it up there is no fuel getting to the injectors.I have drained the tank filled it up with new fuel ,put on new filtres and have verified fuel is getting to the pump at the inlet.There is no fuel from that point on,None in injector return lines so then I cracked open one of the high pressure lines at the pump and there is no fuel coming from the fitting even when the engine is cranked over.I am not sure what else to check or if I can check anything without removing and dissembling the pump.anyone have any thoughts on this problem.Thanks
Yours a electric or mechanical shutoff? Does it have the Roosa Master series pump on it?
Look for the strainer assembly shown in the parts book. Parts book is here ---------> http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr57657ar293765
Yes it has a roosamaster pump with mechanical type fuel shut off.
Check the filter on the pump #12 in the diagram.
If sat too awful long could have sheared the shaft coupler internally.
I checked the #12 pump filtre its clear.Is removal the only way to check pump shaft coupler on these tractors?
2 things get stuck in those pumps.. the metering valve & the pumping plungers. The MV is accessable by removing the top cover,3 screws. and making sure the valve in there is free.. Just move the shut off lever & watch the leg on the shut off clip & you'll find the metering valve. The pumping plungers are internal & not accessable without taking the pump apart.. & Miller is correct, its possible the pump is seized.. Once you have the top cover off, have someone crank the engine & look towards the front of the pump & see if its rotating.. if it is, good.. if not, stop. nothing more you can do..
Ok I will take the cover off next,I had replaced the fan belt and radiator before trying to start it and I remember turning the engine over with the fan after installing the rad to make sure clearance was ok for the fan,So if pump was seized I probably couldn't have turned the engine over correct ? so possibly its the metering valve hopefully any ways.Thanks