Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where is Nige????

fisherd77 ยท 2017-05-12 08:22

Have not seen him post lately. Hope He is ok and will post again soon. Always enjoy his knowledge about everything CAT.

Replies69
  1. #1DMiller2017-05-12 09:00

    Love seeing his posts, most knowledgeable Cat man I know of.

  2. #2JS3002017-05-12 13:55

    I noticed he quit posting around the time the site format changed. Hope he is doing well and gets back to posting. He is very knowledgeable and always fun to read his post.

  3. #3Scrub Puller2017-05-12 14:56

    Yair I noticed that too JS300 this site is sucking big time, posts don't show up, they disappear for no logical reason, thumbnail pictures and ******** features that never seem to work . . . . this site went from one of the most user friendly to one of the most frustrating on the net. Cheers

  4. #4JS3002017-05-12 17:10

    You nailed it Scrub. It seems all so called "upgrades" suck these days. The fella lookin for the D5G undercarriage is a good example, I swore he was talking about buying a burned machine and even posted UC pics of it. Maybe I'm crazy who knows.

  5. #5AllDodge2017-05-12 17:33

    I remember Nige saying he had enough so long as it stays this way. I haven't been posting and come back every now and then to look around. Sure has not been the same. That said, boating season is kicking up big time and have been doing a lot of work to get ready to drop the boat in

  6. #6Queenslander2017-05-12 18:13

    If that is the case, Iam sure he'll pop up elsewhere on the web. He strikes me as the sort of bloke who genuinely enjoys helping others with his vast knowledge of the industry, not just blowing his own trumpet.

  7. #7AllDodge2017-05-12 18:17

    If anyone finds out where, post here so we can all know where to go

  8. #8check2017-05-12 20:56

    Nige has been a big help to me as I have a couple pieces of older cat equipment. There's much to learn from him. Most likely he has a life of his own to lead and hopefully will be back soon.

  9. #9Scrub Puller2017-05-12 22:46

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  10. #10Scrub Puller2017-05-12 22:56

    Yair . . . Here we go again. I checked this thread earlier, the #8 post by AllDodge was up but the site said a moment ago that check had posted. I come here to look, nothing, post a line of kisses and check's post appears. . . some times three or posts will be missing including one of mine . . . this is really getting old and it needs sorting soon.

  11. #118k bill2017-05-13 22:16

    It's been a while since I posted on here, I too think the new format sucks

  12. #12digger242j2017-05-13 23:10

    Steve is bringing these things to the attention of the Tech.

  13. #13Scrub Puller2017-05-14 01:04

    Yair . . . thanks digger242j I just had to post a line of kisses to view the last three posts of a thread on the dozer forum . . . 'new posts' page said they were there but when I looked nada until I gave a bit of affection. Cheers.

  14. #14nowing752017-05-15 19:18

    I hope Nige makes his way back. I enjoy learning from him. Lots of good info in here

  15. #15Canadian_digger2017-05-15 21:58

    Maybe we should try to bait him with some cat questions?

  16. #16kenh2017-05-15 23:45

    Glad I am not the only one who disposes s the New, Improved, Better for you format. Miss Nige too.

  17. #17lantraxco2017-05-16 11:56

    Haven't seen TC Tractors on here in a coon's age either, maybe one odd post a while back... Perhaps Brexit applies here as well?

  18. #18etd66ss2017-05-16 12:17

    I guess it's Trump's fault.

  19. #19lantraxco2017-05-16 12:30
  20. #20Dickjr.2017-05-16 12:36

    Seems like last year he took a vacation or went somewhere for about a month. I'm not sure when his last post was. I know this , when the newer generation takes over , its gonna be rough. I already have to do a bag check at our CAT dealer the same as you would for McDonalds , which I don't patronize much anyways.

  21. #21Graham12017-05-16 14:21

    What's a bag check? Looking to see if you have stolen anything? Graham

  22. #22Scrub Puller2017-05-16 14:39

    xxxx

  23. #23Dickjr.2017-05-16 14:48

    A bag check is making sure everything you ordered is in the bag. 2 trips ago to CAT dealer , I called in a order for a high pressure line. It has been revised 4 times. They had all 4 revisions in the bag of parts. Should have been 2 ends and a hose , was 8 ends and 4 hoses. Plus a valve cover gasket for a 3408. I don't know where to put that on a 943 track loader. Same as going thru McD's , or it is here , you order you better check what's in the bag or you will get shorted. Anyway hopefully Nige will roll back around.

  24. #24Graham12017-05-16 15:58

    Okay, I see. McDonalds have just opened near our yard and seem pretty organised. Although buying myself and the lads a round of Mcflurries probably doesn't tax them too much. Graham

  25. #25fast_st2017-05-16 20:13

    My cat is broken, when I try to find a serial number she bites!

  26. #26lantraxco2017-05-18 02:26

    I worked at a CAT dealer in a former life... things would happen like the warehouse drones would open a cylinder seal kit and take one seal out to ship (said quantity one, didn't want to send the whole bag). Same deal with pan gaskets, some engines they're a jigsaw puzzle, you pull all the pieces apart and lock all the ends together, along with I suppose judicious quantities of yellow peril (gorilla snot), anyway, each piece has the part number laser printed on, so they would detach usually one corner and ship that as a pan gasket. Oh and never forget that CAT hydraulic hose is measured by the inch until oh yeah wait, the really high pressure stuff is by the centimeter so when the hoser built your assembly by part number it came out just a hair off.... One warm evening I was last man out, had the door to the warehouse open relaxing until I could lock the front door, heard one kid that had been with us all of two weeks training one of the summer help college kids how to pull parts and ship orders.... gawd help us....

  27. #27DMiller2017-05-18 08:01

    I have dealt with those drones, unable to cope with understanding the machines they sold parts for IE College kids on summer internships etc. Have also dealt with mecanix that could not assemble the puzzle piece pan/cover gaskets, could not tell which side up?!?! piece to piece! And Gorilla snot is NASTY!, I always tried to use Hi-Tack or similar, used copper coat on high heat and Permatex gasket sealants (brown ****) as I had to as on radiator tanks to cores.

  28. #28fast_st2017-05-18 08:26

    for basic gasket stickums, I've had good experiences with the super 77, its the yellow snot in a spray can, 3M trim adhesive, that way you can have a perfect sticky spot on your desk, keeps papers from flying off.

  29. #29John C.2017-05-19 19:42

    That sound like fun on someone else's desk

  30. #30CM19952017-05-19 19:44

    Nige is good. We've corresponded through email and he's on another contract assignment with limited internet access.

  31. #31Scrub Puller2017-05-19 20:38

    Yair . . . Good one CM1995 . . . I do hope you told him that he's missed here on the forums. (Grins) Cheers.

  32. #32thepumpguysc2017-05-19 20:38

    Glad to hear he's OK.. Fast> I love the 77.. great for LARGE pan gaskets..

  33. #33CM19952017-05-19 21:20

    Gotta keep up with our Friends.

  34. #34Scrub Puller2017-05-19 21:59

    xxxx

  35. #35AllDodge2017-05-20 07:17

    Great to hear

  36. #36old-iron-habit2017-05-20 11:08

    That is good news. I am glad he will be back at some point. Did he say what part of the world he is in? It sounds like paradise except for probable slow parts delivery when even the internet is limited.

  37. #37DMiller2017-05-20 13:34

    Me too as I may end up with piece of older Cat iron eventually!!

  38. #38kshansen2017-05-20 19:08

    I had a computer failure a couple months ago so I lost the information on him but last I knew he was working setting up a new gold mine I believe somewhere in Central America. Belize, Costa Rica , or maybe Panama? He had sent me the co-ordinates of the place and I believe it was something like 20 or 30 miles down a dirt road from the nearest town out in the jungle.

  39. #39bteigrob2017-05-23 23:06

    man if Nige is in Belize, I need to know this

  40. #40Nige2017-08-11 04:56

    Well G'day gents. It appears as though I was missed, at least for a while. KSH had the right continent, wrong country. I am currently working on a new gold nmine project in Suriname. As he said, we're about 40 miles down a dirt road from the nearest highway, and a 4-hour drive from the nearest major town. CM1995 emailed me a while back to see if I was OK. Thanks for that. We work FIFO a month on, a month off. At work it's 13hrs/day, 7 days a week for a month, so not much time to spend on the internet. Basically eat, sleep, & work. Busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger........... The upside is that you only work 6 months/year. What happened was that I came home on break for a month with every intention of getting back on here but then promptly went down with a bad dose of the flu'. I spent over a week in bed then the rest of the time getting over the symptoms. By the time I was right it was time to get on a plane again. SWMBO was not impressed. The next break I was heavily into a house restoration project that I've been on for years and wanted to get moving because it had kinda stalled. I arrived back home on break just a couple of days ago and had double hernia surgery yesterday, and although I was discharged from hospital the same day I'm now confined to barracks by the quack for 2-3 days and after that banned from driving for 10 days or so. So that should give me a bit more time to get back on here. I guess I now have to read a load of posts and do some catching up .........

  41. #41digger242j2017-08-11 06:01

    HEY, GUYS! I found him! Good to see you, Nige, and best wishes on a speedy recovery

  42. #42The Peej2017-08-11 06:51

    Nice to hear from you and thanks the update. You have been missed

  43. #43DMiller2017-08-11 07:23

    Nice to hear you are back, even if just shortly. Sorry to hear of the woes though, must be good work in Suriname,

  44. #44AllDodge2017-08-11 07:53

    Good to hear from ya

  45. #45JS3002017-08-11 07:53

    Glad your back. Sounds like you've had a heck of a time last several months. Good luck with your projects and take care.

  46. #46nowing752017-08-11 08:07

    Good to see you back. So much to learn from you.

  47. #47trucker12017-08-11 08:11

    Hey Nige, I just went thru hernia surgery 2 weeks ago. I laid on the sofa for 2 days, only way I could get comfortable, but couldn't take it anymore. I got up to walk around, which they recommend, and of course wound up in the shop, started cleaning up tools and moving parts around and felt a lot better. First couple of days was the worst, but after day 3 things were a lot better. At least my doctor only said I could not drive for 2 days, but the I only had a single hernia. Hope it all turns out well for you George

  48. #48bteigrob2017-08-11 08:46

    Nige, glad to hear you are ok man. Too bad you didn't find yourself in Belize, the first round of drinks would have been on me. Get well soon

  49. #49CM19952017-08-11 09:06

    Hey Nige, good to see you back. Sorry you've had. a rough time medically, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

  50. #50seatwarmer2017-08-11 09:10

    Welcome back Nige. Hope you recover soon.

  51. #51Nige2017-08-11 09:51

    Thanks for the good wishes guys. TBH the after effects not much more than 24 hours after coming out of surgery are not as bad as I was expecting. I can get comfortable lying down, and standing up/moving around doesn't cause too much in the way of discomfort either. It's getting from horizontal to vertical that's causing the issues at the moment...... I can get up and down the stiars, take myself to the bathroom, etc, etc. TBH I'm taking the surgeon's orders as a guideline, and I'm not taking any pain killers so that I know my body will tell me when it's had enough. If I feel confident enough to get in & out of the car & drive it within a week then I will. However on the other hand I'm not going to force myself to do something i'm not comfortable with.

  52. #52The Peej2017-08-11 10:05

    sounds like a very interesting project. I had to google where Suriname to know where it was. Is this where your working? https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...a0113ea97f2f85f!8m2!3d5.0734531!4d-54.4707801

  53. #53Bumpsteer2017-08-11 10:43

    Nige, welcome back! BTDT on the double hernia surgery, taking it easy is best. Ed

  54. #54Junkyard2017-08-11 12:09

    Glad to see you're back. Getting cut on is never any fun! A hot female doctor checking you for a hernia on the other hand.......

  55. #55seatwarmer2017-08-11 12:20

    Port of Spain ( POS ) May Nige does not go through that airport

  56. #56DARO2017-08-11 13:12

    Good to see you back Nige.

  57. #57Tinkerer2017-08-11 13:12

    Nice to see u back Nige. Get well soon.

  58. #58old-iron-habit2017-08-11 15:14

    Good to hear you are back Nige. Glad to hear you are taking it easy. A few days taking it easy beats weeks of misery if something tears or moves. I know you will listen to your body so no worries.

  59. #59hvy 1ton2017-08-11 17:31

    I only know where it is because I read a military fiction book 10 years ago where Venezuela invaded as a response to their economy was collapsing. It's been a while, but i think the motivation was the country's gold production.

  60. #60AusDave2017-08-12 01:00

    Good to see you back Nige. Now we just need to see TCTractors start putting some verbs on this site and all will be good AusDave

  61. #61GregsHD2017-08-12 01:04

    Nice to see you back Nige! Best of luck with the recovery! Pain pills are a hindrance to the healing process.

  62. #62mitch5042017-08-12 01:40

    Hey Nige, That's cool that you are in Suriname, I spent about 3.5 years there, in the jungle near Cassipora, which is near Blaka Watra, which is 127 km from that mine site posted above. According to Google, anyway, but they also say you can make that 127 km in 2 hours. If that's true, Suriname has changed a lot since I was there. If you get desperate, shoot me a PM, I'm about ready to go back down there.

  63. #63Queenslander2017-08-12 02:21

    Welcome back Nige.... Disregard the early posts in this thread....since you've been away we've been carrying on like a bunch of schoolgirls pining for a lost parent..lol!!

  64. #64kshansen2017-08-12 11:25

    Nige, welcome back! Sorry about getting the country wrong! Did you notice that that "D6c cat loss of oil pressure" project is still on going?

  65. #65Mark2502017-08-12 16:41

    Hi Nige hope your troubles are behind you Mark

  66. #66Labparamour2017-08-12 23:57

    Good to see you back. Here's to a speedy recovery! DB

  67. #67Ronsii2017-08-13 00:32

    Always enjoy reading your posts Nige, The amount of knowledge you carry is very impressive!!! @kshansen , easy now... don't scare him off with D6c horror stories

  68. #68Nige2017-08-13 08:35

    I did see that. it's a bit like a bad smell that you can't get rid of......

  69. #69f311fr12017-08-14 16:49

    Welcome back. Hope you heal fast. Be careful when you go back out to the bush.