Good afternoon. I have a 1968 12f named Lazarus. The blade rotate is stuck all the way to the right but it will continue to rotate that direction but won't come back and I have a clicking noise inside the gearbox . so far I have adjusted the guides and it did not fix the problem, I decided to remove the drive shaft for the rotation to see if the shaft itself was stuck in some way. it would appear that is the case. I went ahead and opened up the gear box only to discover I don't know what happens inside of there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe get hold of some manuals for it might be a good start to understanding how the circle gearbox works. Post a Serial Number so we can identify the correct manuals.
So for that Serial Number the Service Manual is Caterpillar Publication reference REG00507. Here’s one on eBay. Caterpillar CAT No. 12 No. 14 Motor Graders Repair Service Manual REG00507 | eBay The item you are looking at is a used Caterpillar CAT No. 12 No. 14 Motor Grader Repair Service Manual. Normal Wear and Tear from use. This book is dirty from use. Item is sold as is. Not the manual you are looking for?. www.ebay.com The Parts Manual is Publication reference UE070111 which covers all 13K machines up to Serial Number 5286, which includes your machine. Again here’s one for sale on eBay. Both are from the same seller. CAT Caterpillar No. 12F Motor Grader Parts Manual UE070111 1980 | eBay The item you are looking at is a used Caterpillar CAT No. 12F Motor Grader Parts Manual. Normal Wear and Tear from use. This book is dirty from use. Item is sold as is. Not the manual you are looking for?. www.ebay.com