I'm currently working on one of these that is going to be sold. It has been in the garage unused for four years and was replaced with a new tractor with cab, and HVAC. Pretty low hours on a rebuilt gasoline engine and is a powershift transmission. Rear tires are no good and severely cracked and leaking. I know one rim is questionable and the other has been replaced shortly before the tractor was parked. IIRC it has 15.5-38 tires. There are two remotes and it has a Deere loader on the front. Both front spindles have been replaced with heavier, or upgraded variants from the Deere dealer. The front tires are not that old and look good. I believe they are four rib variants. Owner is not a farmer, nor involved in agriculture at all. Tractor has been owned by them many years and was just a general chore and mowing tractor as there is a lot of ground they mow, and landscape. It is not all bent up and the paint on both the tractor, and loader are original. I don't think the loader bucket is quick attach, but do think the loader frame is. I'm going to get it running, bring it out to my shop and clean it up a bit, then try to point a purchaser to them. I work on a lot of their stuff and it's kind of one of those things they want someone that would appreciate it make purchase at a fair price rather than hold out for the high dollar sale. I'm not a farm tractor guy so have no idea as to value at this writing. I'll ask a Deere dealer and he'll tell me straight if I ask him for a value to pass along. I'll not be in the middle of any bartering or anything like that, but if there is interest, PM me your information and I'll put you in touch with the seller. I'll have no skin in the game as I'm just looking out for my customer base and there is nothing in it for me.
They are cleaning out so I can retrieve it tomorrow: Talked to owner and thinking it's been more like six years since it was last ran. Old battery was new in February, 2011. Installing a new one tomorrow.
Got this tractor to start yesterday afternoon. Just a sniff of ether and it popped off running smooth. Took a bit longer to get a group 3EE battery that hadn't been setting on a shelf over a year so waited it out. All hydraulic functions worked and I'm going to attempt to get it back to the shop this afternoon. Going to photo it heavy in "As Found" condition, then start cleaning it up to sale. They have the receipts for having the engine rebuilt, and it has about 400 hours on that rebuild. More to follow later.
Machinery Pete shows 42 for sale. Condition and options are important.
This one is pretty straight. No dents I know of and it starts easily running smooth. They are prepared to put new tires on it but I'm going to root through a warehouse looking for a good used pair. It will clean up nicely when I have some free time to work with it. I did drive it from the storage building up to the house which is both up and down slight hills and the powershift transmission was exercised through all gears up, and down as were the reverse selections. All operate very well. Thanks,
I’m interested in what they end up asking for it, that would handle everything I need. Sure don’t want something modern!
I really have no idea but will send you a phone number if you like. It really seems a sound tractor and knowing the family these many years they take care of their stuff. They purchased that new cabbed tractor and this one just kinda found no use and was put away.
Those old gas engine tractors usually aren’t worth as much as the same tractor with a diesel unless its only for light, occasional use
I understand it is kind of fond of its gasoline diet also. That is of course in comparison to the new diesel power tractor.
3020 gasser although a solid machine w/ loader is not as desirable as a diesel banger around these parts. Resident Deere guru quoted @6-8 grand for that lovely green thing.
Not that I'd know, but that's the price range I was thinking also. And I doubt it will pay to put new tires on it. Either find a double bevel 38, even if the wrong size, or put a new tube in the old one.
The left rear tire that was shown in the photo is breaking the rubber loose from the carcass it is so dry rotted. Hopefully find a used set and I've yet to look but we do have the option to send it over to Habib's Tire Shop over in Pakistan and have it repaired proper. Don't know about freight however.
Brought this tractor back to the shop this evening. It's dark now but it's a good running thing. Started pretty much right up after setting two weeks outside since I moved it last. I'll get it down from the trailer tomorrow and take some photos. I still don't know what they want for this tractor but if any interest PM me and I'll give a contact phone number for the owner direct.
Pretty much started right up at 36 degrees this morning. Fresh gas makes it run a lot better but it's going to need a few hours put on it as a severe bogging of the engine when shifting from 5th to 6th gear which is a very wide ratio change for road speed. Much better warm than cold but all shifting is positive. Loader works well but need to chase the internal mounting threads along with new fasteners as they have been run loose. I do have the missing side covers. There are some minor dents in the front sheet metal that are behind the loader arms when they are down. Bucket is straight but needs the cutting edge replaced. Here are a couple of photos as I left the tractor. I want to see if the loader creeps down on it's own:
I ran a diesel 3010 a few years ago. Nice machine. GLWS.
This one didn't seem to want to come out of the bogging engine so I pulled the carburetor and it's a mess internally. Engine would run well for a while and then starve out on fuel when at low idle not pulling any load. The needle and seat area were plugged almost solid so diassembled most everything and into the carb bath it went. Hopefully it will come out a lot better. Pulled the loader off which is not quick attach and gave the girl a preliminary douche to remove some dirt. Tractor is a repaint at some time in it's life, and the hot water at high pressure readily peels the poorly prepared substrate clean. Getting that loader off it is easy to see why there are two dents/scrapes in the closing panels at the front; it is tight quarters.
Owner has ordered a new rebuild kit from Macdonald Carburetor, and two new spindles, and steering arms. Front end is an aftermarket "Speeco" and tractor was originally built as a narrow front. I found these parts loose and when attempting to tighten the rt. steering arm around the spindle shaft, it snapped. Upon disassembly, the keyways in both spindles, and steering arms are worn. Owner has no problem making this right. Not being mechanically inclined, nor being a farmer, he really didn't know these were that bad. Serial number, and friend at the Deere dealership devoted some time into research which is good sometimes. Three owner tractor and always local. Always serviced there until second owner who is now deceased. Dealership rebuilt the engine but an inframe, rather than complete for the current owner/selling party. It sure does run good however it's looked at. Rear PTO shaft has seepage leak and this seal will be replaced once it arrives. If it doesn't sell it will be retained and I'll probably repaint the sheet metal and repair the dents in the side shields, as some of the poor repaint preparation readily revealed itself with the high pressure spray.
Those axle components are not designed for use with a loader. Maybe leave the loader off and sell it separately?
The loader is not going back onto the tractor. I'm actually going to remove the brackets that are still on the tractor. This is a very weak front end design. As you know OEM Deere, Schwartz, and the aftermarket front that started with "N", (no longer in business) followed the Deere lead with the multiple bearing surface splined parts. This is a very cheap alternative, (IMO). The loader will go with the tractor but not installed.