I have a 1969 dresser td20e bulldozer, everything has worked fine for the past three years. Recently the right lever doesn’t make the machine turn to the right in fwd or in reverse. Where should I start troubleshooting first? Adjusting the levers/links or is it probably the clutches or brakes? Thanks.
Some stuff from the repair manual.
last two
The power steering pressure might be off and not grabbin the bands. my 250c was that way when I first got it. 250 and 20 bout same chassics.
If it's a 1969, wouldn't it be an IH TD-20C? The 20E didn't come out until later, especially if it is actually a Dresser machine. I am sure the steering of the C series is if not the same, at least similar to the E series. I know that the TD15C and TD15E are much different between the two. DWF
Well I haven't checked this lately. I just know it’s says td20e on the side and dresser on the back lol could be a mix of machines for all I know and serial number last two digits is 69 I believe. Well I went to load dozer on low boy trailer yesterday and once the weight is put on tracks to pull up trailer the left track seems like it has very little power and doesn’t pull like the right so I just turn left. I still have the same issue when turning as the machine only really turns with the left control lever when I use the right lever in either direction fed/reverse it acts like it wants to turn but stops. Any help would be appreciated!!
Probably time to rebuild clutch packs in steering system