Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1970 580 ck extendahoe seals

onemank6 ยท 2012-06-20 21:47

where is a ood place to get seal kit for this e-hoe the number i seen on it is 33 i assume that is the model of the hoe and i have seen kits for the regular hoe which i assume would all be the same as the extendahoe problem that i have is the cyclinder that extends the hoe is the one i need seal kit for it has a 1 3/4 inch shaft any idea who has these kits thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2012-06-21 06:04

    I prefer to purchase mine at a local CNH (Case) dealer. They are OEM seals and are excellent quality. Another reason is that I want to support the equipment dealers. It is a great convenience to be able to get about any replacement part I need for a machine that is nearly 40 years old.

  2. #2melben2012-06-24 23:00

    Tinkerer, God bless you! All to many people will not support their local dealer and then wonder what happened when the doors are closed. OEM parts are higher quality in my experience over a 50+ year career. Paying a couple bucks more for a part as minor as packing kits is minimal to assure your dealer is there when you need big stuff later, I have dealt with the public as long as I have worked and can tell you that the ones who shop for cheap aftermarket parts are the same people who will milk the same dealer who they will not buy from for free information on how to diagnose and repair the unit. For every horror story about dealers there is one about customers also. Mel