Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Did my shuttle valve start working?

TheOldMan ยท 2012-06-20 07:42

When I rblt the dash on the 580C, I installed 2 analog water temp gauges, one for water and one for shuttle oil temp. I haven't used the drive much, only back and forth to where I've been cleaning out a canal on the back of the property. The shuttle temp barely moves off 0. Yesterday I had a large oak stump to move after digging the tree out, and used the hoe to lift it out of the hole, then the bucket to move it about 1/8 mile to the burn pile. Stump was bulky and heavy and had a quite a time getting it into the bucket and off the ground, pushed it quite a ways. Oil temp gut up to about 190 degrees. When I brought the machine back to the barn to park it, when I stepped on the brakles, the shuttle would disengage, and at idle did not re-engage for a few seconds. I tried this several times, and it worked the same way. The shuttle has never disengaged before, although I could hear the solenoid pick. Haven't had a chance to check any further, and won't today - I drove through the back gate with both ouriggers partially extended, wiped out the gate and both posts, so my day is shot.

Replies2
  1. #1waterman282012-06-20 13:33

    Sorry to hear about the gate. but the good news is your shuttle is working.

  2. #2TheOldMan2012-07-02 13:54

    Thought I'd better come back and finalize this - Yes the shuttle is working fine!!! Can't believe something started working without tearing into it. Guess it just need to be exercised.