Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1970 580ck loader cylinder seals

stinky64 ยท 2021-09-12 20:43

Neighbor down the road just scored a 1970 case 580ck loader tractor (no hoe) #8663314 and needs pretty much all the loader cylinders redone, I scraped the paint off of the end of the gland nuts and can't find any numbers. Are there numbers on the older nuts or are all of the cylinders the same? I used the search function, but got no results,maybe not using correctly?? Thanks for any info...

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2021-09-14 23:25

    Usually there aren't any numbers on the older cylinders. And I don't think there were any part numbers on the cylinder at all. Most of them have the split outer wiper, of course some may have the solid outer wiper you'll just have to check the parts website for the 33 backhoe and see what you find.

  2. #2stinky642021-09-15 00:49

    Thanks for the feedback Coy, he just got the machine last weekend from an estate sale for $2400 and it's pretty clean (the filthy animal) even the cab heater works..he's got seal kits coming, as well as the repair manual so further repairs will require less guesswork....Thanks again