Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1970 580CK Rebuilt Injector Pump

brl1977 ยท 2016-12-14 10:13

Hey Guys, this is my first diesel machine and just want to asked before I do something wrong. My injector pump broke the retainer clip so it needed a rebuild. I took the pump of but didn't have the engine in any particular position. I got the pump back yesterday and I'm going to try and get the pump installed this weekend. Someone told me as long as I install the pump dot to dot I will be good to go? But in reading here that doesn't sound like the case? It sounds to me like I need to get the engine at 8* BTDC, align dots and make sure lines match up. Is this correct? Sorry for the dumb question. I just don't want to screw things up. Thanks Brian

Replies7
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-12-14 10:21

    DOT TO DOT is all you need to get it running.. set the bolts/studs in the middle of the slots..THEN do your final timing adjustments.. Engine 8* and lines lined up in the side window on the pump..

  2. #2brl19772016-12-14 10:24

    Thanks PumpGuy! That make me feel better. I'll let you know how I make out! Thanks

  3. #3thepumpguysc2016-12-14 10:37

    Your welcome.. if you had sent the pump to me, you wouldn't be asking these questions.. I find it funny, that people spend their money with someone else and then come here asking questions.. You just don't know how many times I wanna say.. call the place that did your pump.. but hey.. that's not what we're about on HEF.. Right??!! Sorry, I'm having a bad morning..and taking it out on you.. no hard feelings.. I hope you get it started..

  4. #4brl19772016-12-14 10:49

    No worries Pumpguy! I wish I would have found this forum before I dropped the pump off! I've spent hours looking through old threads and you have a wealth of knowledge! Can I get your contact info? Thanks Brian

  5. #5thepumpguysc2016-12-14 12:20

    screen name, at a o l dot com

  6. #6xgiovannix122016-12-14 16:50

    Pump guy does nice work he recently redid my 580 case pump

  7. #7Doug Overkill2016-12-18 15:42

    +1 on the referral of THEPUMPGUYSC. He has done my pump and is a pleasure to do business with and has always had the answers I needed.