Hi I have searched my question and can not seem to find info regarding oil in the bell housing of a 580CK with mechanical shuttle. I purchased this tractor and it would not move in forward or reverse. I pulled the side cover on left side of the bell housing where you can grease the throw out bearing and seen oil in the bell housing. Is this supposed to have oil in it. Please direct me to a thread that goes over this if I have missed it. Thanks
Here are some pics. Pic 3 is the inspection plate where you can grese the throw out bearing, this is where I had seen the oil. It looks to be hydraulic oil. Pic two shows what looks to be a filter housing right below the breather and has the four bolts with a 90 degree fitting that goes to my three point control valve via hard line.
Only Power shuttle 580CK's should have oil in the bell-housing. The clutch plate in yours may be soaked with oil and causing the clutch to slip.
Thank you Tinkerer. From the pics could you verify this is a mechanical shuttle dry clutch
If you have a clutch pedal it is mechanical. Proper adjustment of the pedal is super important.
Thanks Tinkerer but that is different than my clutch set up. My linkage goes down and then forward into the lower portion of the bell housing. But i will adjust the linkage . I just got the tractor. The service manual I downloaded is pretty much useless. I now mine is mechanical but the whole power shuttle and mechanical shuttle was throwing me off. Never the less I still have to figure out how that hyd/trns oil got into the bell housing. It is weird because it is lower than the fill by the shifter where i had put the oil in after it was changed. Mine has no hydraulic filters other than the loader. I think the guy that owned it before me just poured fluid in there for some reason I guess. Thanks for the help