Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1970 Case Construction king Missing seat.

daniel17319 · 2021-12-26 18:04

I was going to upholster a seat for it, from plywood. I'm missing the front and back. I cant find anything online that would fit or be the right contour for a REASONABLE price. Any suggestions would be great. If i could get something for around a 100 bucks that would be great. The frame is present and accounted for for the seat. I was going to bend some plywood for the back, and cut out a seat for the front and just do some basic upholstery. I think i can do it for 50 dollars in materials. Already have a piece of plywood left over from another project.

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-12-26 19:23

    Welcome to HEF, daniel ! For $100.00 you can get seat all ready to bolt on. Here is a typical selection in a farm supply store.

  2. #2daniel173192021-12-26 20:05

    Ok thank you for your help, i have looked at a lot of seats on ebay, these all look familiar. I don't think they are the right dimensions to bolt to my seat frame. Any other suggestions would be great. OEM seats are very expensive.

  3. #3scottwolowich2021-12-26 22:58

    if you have a piece of plywood like you said then you don't need the exact bolt pattern just bolt down the plywood and bolt up whatever pattern the new seat is to that. surely you can come up with a simple retrofit to make a similar bolt pattern seat work.

  4. #4Bootheal2021-12-27 07:14

    What’s your location?

  5. #5daniel173192021-12-28 20:06

    Tucumcari NM,

  6. #6Bootheal2021-12-29 03:47

    That is a bit too far. I don’t know what your seat should look like but I have a complete seat for a 580M anyone can have…but it’s in Jackson, MO.