Ok so I need a few things , maybe you happen to have or can lead me to the right direction. The most important factor is $$... I am looking to do work myself to save money as i'm not even sure this thing runs and want to limit my investment into it should it be nothing more than scrap. I am looking used over new but If I have exhasted all efforts to find it used then I will have no choice but to buy new. 1. 3 injectors with banjo bolts if possible 2. 6 double head studs with nuts(holds down the injectors into block) 3. end plate with all the inside components for cav fuel injection pump.. These were all missing when I got the machine, it hasn't run in many many years so I have no idea what condition I just want to get the missing pieces together and see where i am at. The injection pump is there but they took out the endplate for whatever reason and I'm open to buying a used injection pump for the right cost working or not to either use as parts or rebuild, but not interested in a rebuilt one as I can probably tackle that myself. Is there anything above you can help me with? This is the first step I wanna take so I can make a decision if I want to go forward to step 2. I have done google search, I have wrote to few people on ebay and those are all pending(very slow response time) I have called few tractor supplly places up here with part #s and some things are either obsolete not made anymore or very very expensive like $30 for a single bolt I saw on one website.
Since the injectors are already out you might want to check compression before in investing in parts.
Helms Farm Machinery, Bishopville SC, (843) 428-3460. A Ford tractor junkyard run by a good honest guy.
I answered u 30 minutes after u wrote me and I haven’t received a response from u.. U need to rotate the engine by hand or starter & watch the end of the pump that’s exposed to make sure it’s turning.. It’s possible that’s what the previous owner was checking when they took the end plate off.. If the engine moves but the pump doesn’t, the pump is locked up/seized & snapped in half internally.. Good luck
I hear what your saying .. the thing is i'll need the parts eventually as i'll rebuild the engine in it if it comes to that. . Having the parts I figured i'll be able to worse case resell them at my cost.
HI.,,, Yep I got it.. sorry works been crazy... I appreciate your help and you been great! I'll turn it over and see what I get..... appreciated!!
Too bad you live on the other end of the country. You could come make an offer on my parts 4500 3cyl diesel tractor. It has the parts that you need.