I have a 1970 JD 450 dozer with a root rake I need to attach a tooth to. I am unsure if the root rake is John Deere. I just need a replacement tooth holder. I have been unable to find another root rake out there like this one. I have even tried using Google lens using a picture of the holder to no avail. I am unsure of the proper name of the piece, so maybe that's why I keep coming up empty. I am attaching photos of one of the holders and of the rake itself. Any help in guiding me to where I might find one of these, or even the proper name for it, would be much appreciated.
Welcome to HEF rharris . That 6700 rake was an option with a Deere 6400 or 6410 bulldozer attachment for a 450 straight crawler. Sse 2 screenshots below showing same part # for the clamp you’re looking for. .
Wow, thank you. This is exactly what I'm looking for. I called local JD dealers and they're telling me the part is obsolete, and they can't find one in any store in the US. In your screenshots, it looks like whatever site you're using has used ones for sale. Can you share the link to that site/dealer? Thank you for your help.
if you can't find one you probably could that the old part to a local welding and fabrication shop to get one made
Quote @rharris , “In your screenshots, it looks like whatever site you're using has used ones for sale. Can you share the link to that site/dealer? ” . It’s the Deere parts site, see link below. The site is not designed to show inventory. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/18672/referrer/navigation/pgId/2097650 .
Okay, thank you.
I did ask about it at the shop that cut a new tooth for me. They didn't do that kind of work, unfortunately. I was hoping to find one somewhere I could buy, but I may end up having to do what you suggested.
I'm not sure what part of Fl your in but if close to fort pierce "Apple Machine" should be able to make them
I'm up in the Gainesville area.
ok sorry I can't think of anyone to recommend way up there butt here should be some good machine fabrication shops (not just a welding shop) up there . If you can't find a new old stock part online for obsolete parts form a reseller. I'd start asking around , a good machine shop will have good reputation with locals but often you have to ask about it as they tend to advertise the old fashion way by word of mouth. best of luck
It looks like this is going to be my best bet. Thanks so much for your input.