I have what I believe is a 1970's International 2500A tractor. It has a front loader and backhoe. A few weeks ago, when I put it into gear it won't move. All other hydrolics work - bucket and backhoe. If I roll the bucket a few times with it in gear it eventually catches and will start moving. At the same time, steering is extreamly slow. Meaning, I can crank the wheel one way or the other endlessly and steering barely moves. If I'm rolling, it does move a bit faster, but still takes a number of complete cranks to move a few inches. It has a hydrolic filter under the seat, on the drivers side of the tractor that I pulled and replaced. Is there anything I'm missiing? Am I looking at some hydrolic failure somewhere by chance?
You need to invest in Service manuals and how to test procedures manuals.
Any idea where I can get a good set of service manuals for this guy?
Not sure where you'd find manuals, Minn Parr maybe? Your trailer and tow vehicle look to be seriously pushing the limits on what is safe. I'd bet you are overloaded on both and would have problems if you needed to stop in a hurry.
Try JenSales as to obsolete manuals, or Fleabay for manuals by specific machine type. Tractor Manuals | Tractor Parts | Heavy Equipment | Jensales