Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 ck torque converter

Tunneldigger ยท 2022-11-17 09:16

I have a friend that has a 580 ck backhoe. He is wanting to get it running as it will not move. I said it probably is a torque converter. How hard is it to change and what is parts availability?

Replies6
  1. #1Billrog2022-11-17 11:16

    Not bad took me 4.5 hrs. ( I'm not a mechanic ) might as well put in a new pump as well while it's apart .Need a micromotor when bolting up the torch to get it within 4 or 5 thou.

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-11-17 14:32

    Parts shouldn't be a problem. Do you need the service manual ? If you do need it, be specific as to which model 580 it is.

  3. #3fast_st2022-11-17 14:39

    what's the trans pressure gauge say? there is a disconnector on the clutch pedal possibly that could be stuck, check the trans fluid under the steering column.

  4. #4joe--h2022-11-17 18:48

    I have a friend that has a 580 ck backhoe. He is wanting to get it running as it will not move. Dos this mean won't run, won't start? Out of fuel, needs battery charged? I said it probably is a torque converter. Why do you think it needs a torque convertor? Random guess? Need a whole lot more info before random expensive guess parts throwing. Joe H

  5. #5Tunneldigger2022-11-18 22:09

    Runs, hydraulics work, won't move.

  6. #6mitch5042022-11-18 22:45

    There is a lot more likely than a torque converter to cause this.