hello everyone, Have had this Case in our family for over 40 years and it has always had the extendahoe on it. It did come from a construction company and I can’t figure out if they added a Case model B backhoe or it came from the factory like this. I need to rebuild the dipper cylinder and can’t figure out the part number for the kit. There doesn’t appear to be any numbers on the cylinder. Anyone know what kit I need to order? The odd thing is the controls are a model 33 but I don’t think the rest of the backhoe is. I went to the local Case dealer and they were confused as well. This is my first post so I’ll attempt to upload some pictures for reference. Thanks in advance for any help.
that's a model 33 hoe and they came with a single boom cylinder then a 580b had a model 35 with two boom cylinders
The number you need should be stamped on the gland not the cylinder barrel. About the only thing you can do is remove the rod and piston assembly and then go to the online parts list and look at the different cylinders. In the parts list you will find all the measurements that should enable you to match what you have. Click on the image below to enlarge it. Here is one of the parts list I am referring to. ----> https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...2d46340&sl=EN¤cy=#epc::mr56865ag4305905
wow, very cool machine. I had no idea extendahoe was available that early. I would have guessed it wasn't till the mid 80s
Thank you 580bob, seems like an easy way to tell them apart. Now I know what to look for.
Thank you for the info Tinker, that’s what I was afraid of. Was trying to order the parts kit before I tore into it and had to wait but I’ll get into taking it apart and finding that number on the gland.
Thank you Peej, maybe this is one of the first for Case, it definitely works well. I think the digging Depth is like 18.5 feet. That’s why we bought it, to dig building foundations. Then the machine just never quit, it’s very reliable for the neglect it’s gotten over the years.
https://partstore.casece.com is a good place to start. There are two different cylinders one has a solid outer wiper seal cyl. prt# G33929 and the other has a split outer wiper seal cyl. prt# G32593. Be sure to look for 33 backhoe and not 580ck.
Wow, that is my exact backhoe, except mine is a '72. Big problem though, the internal cylinder inside the extendahoe leaks a lot, did all the other seals. Has anyone ever done the seals on the extenhoe cyl? I have searched but never found answers,most described newer models and dissembling involving craning etc. I was thinking that since ther is an open end where the hoses are ,that you should be able to lift it out, I didget it apart enough to reach and change a blown hose though. As you said it is an amazing machine that just goes and goes!
Thank you Coy, I’ll be checking that out this week. Thanks for the recommendation.
Thanks Sandy, cool to hear of another one. I was wondering the same thing. I’ll be rebuilding the dipper cylinder and the spool too. Was thinking I should check the extendahoe while I have everything off. The guy that will be helping me is knowledgeable about these old cases. I’m going to ask him when he comes by about the extendahoe. I’ll reply here if no one else does in the meantime.