you know I am passionate about earth-moving machines, surfing the net it emerged that the largest mechanical shovel ever built was the caterpillar 983b caterpillar, the tractor I believe derives from the d8 caterpillar with a weight that is around fifty tons if I have not misunderstood , would you know how to give me information on this, you could also tell me if komatsu or John Deere, or Liebherr, or the old euclid ** or acco or other brands have also built the prototype of a big front crawler loader, thank you sorry if I pissed you off with the my questions thanks to those who want to provide further news or information, in my part never seen tracked machines larger than the mythical fiat allis fl 14 or 955 caterpillar
from ritchie wiki The Caterpillar 983B crawler loader was introduced in 1978 as the replacement for the Caterpillar 983 . It was manufactured in the USA only. The Cat 983B has a 3406 turbocharged , six-cylinder engine producing 275 flywheel horsepower (FWHP). It has a powershift transmission . It comes standard with suspended pedal steering, sealed and lubricated tracks, a sealed loader linkage, automatic bucket controls, a rollover protection system , sound suppressed cab , and a cartridge pin in the lower bucket joint. The 983B was given a 58X serial number prefix. Production of 983B ended in 1982. http://equipwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Caterpillar_983B_Crawler_Loader this picture from The Earthmover Encyclopedia By Keith Haddock the largest i believe was the Komatsu D155S-1 loader old tread about this has more info HeavyEquipmentForums
I most likely serviced this 977 when I was working for B&L in the 1980s. They had about six of them. They had about 100 of those grey semi-trailers at that time also. Thanks for finding the photo.
grazie per le tue notizie e per aver fornito questa attrezzatura informatica aggiuntiva, quindi il più grande caricatore cingolato mai costruito sarebbe komatsu e non caterpillar, giusto? questi due marchi, americani contro giapponesi, sono sempre in lotta, che strana faida dei concorrenti industriali, grazie ancora, se qualche altro utente ha avuto più foto o notizie, lo invito a scrivere grazie ancora
pala cingolata Benati 7.16, ha le stesse dimensioni di Caterpillar 953! surfing the net I found these crawler loaders are all similar copied from caterpilllar, you know some other brands and model pala cingolata poclaic cmc c 1 JCB 110 https://www.rbunton.co.uk/vintage/