i bought a 1971 case 580ck. The 70 year old gentleman I bought it from owned it for a long time. The issue is that it is leaking fluid from where the starter bolts to the block. (New starter was just put on machine by old owner). He failed to put the gasket between the starter and block. It is coming out at a rather fast rate. Is it normal to have fluid in the torque tube up front in “bell housing” or is the machine. The prior owner seems to have the opinion of no. There is multiple posts and they are vague as far as exact year and models. I have not gotten this home yet to fully test or diagnose. I’m just trying to understand the system. It has control valve setup on top of torque tube that the clutch pedal is attached to-no external clutch linkage. Does this even have a clutch? Is it adjustable? What is approx value of such era machine
Is your machine a power shift, I assume it is. If so there will be fluid in bell housing and a gasket will need to be installed. Also make sure the starter that was installed was sealed.