The water pump is on the front of the motor and i see no bolts to remove the fan. Is it pressed on ? do i need to pull the radiator first ? Anyone Know ?
Any chance of a serial number? And maybe a picture or two the the water pump area. Just trying to be 100% sure before I try to make a suggestion. But there should be bolts coming through the fan from the front.
I thought if it is a 1971 it should have a D333C motor at least and a gear driven water pump.
Unless it had an old motor transplant the fan don't need to come off. bob
That's kind of why I was asking for pictures. I'm a bit fuzzy on the 3306 and D333 engines. I'm thinking the D333 engine the water pump comes out the front of the timing cover and the 3306 the water pump mounts on top of the left side of timing cover, both are gear driven. Or do I have the two mixed up? Probably been 10 years+ since I saw either one in person! I would say that the left half of the guard at least would have to come off if the pump is front mounted. Don't recall it sticking too far into the front cover, so fan may not be in the way. Just happens there is an old D6 parked just off the road about five miles from here, been sitting for several years. I think it was used to build a golf course and they just parked it when the job was done. Some day if I have the ambition and wife isn't around I might stop and take a look and some pictures. Wife would be worried someone would call cops or start shooting!
My wife would be doing the shooting cause she knows it would be coming home with me; and it wouldn't be with a camera.
Here are a couple pictures from parts book on SIS of the two different pumps I was picturing that could be on this D6C:
Now assuming this D6C could be a 10K prefix here is a snip out of the manual dated 1974 that show the removal: It's not clear in those instructions but I seem to recall that two of the four bolts that hold the cover on marked #16 in the second of the two picture in last post actually are long ones that go all the way through the housing into the timing cover of engine.
The D333C engine has the water pump mounted high as in the first picture (kshansen) the later water pump bolts in from the lower front case, as in the second picture and the 1974 post, the engine change came in the Spring of 1973. tctractors
Thanks for clearing that up, like I said it's been many years since I worked on either of them so I was not positive which way it went.
I had a D333 D6C years ago and I replaced the water pump. Was a pig of a job,but radiator stayed in