Need help!! The past man that worked on this dozer took the governor apart and didn't replace the spring at all. So I got the seat spring and guide and installed it. Got it going again for about ten twenty mins. And now its back to not idleing up. Any thoughts
What's the engine oil pressure? The governor has a stop that won't let it go above idle speed until oil pressure is met. May allow it to start when oil is cold but restricts once the oil warms up and pressure is low.
Just did the field test and I have fuel in my oil. About to change the oil. How does they mix like that. 8308908405. I'd like to talk to you if you have time. The oil pressure says it's in the red on the low side. And dip sick is reading over full
Fuel in the main engine sump is usually due to a leaking o-ring seal in the fuel gallery between the injection pump and filter base. Also possible to get fuel leaking past transfer pump seals but that is usually protected by the tell tale drain line that would drain fuel from the seal cavity. Diluted oil may be cause or contributor to low oil pressure problem. I'd rather not do phone calls. Better to discuss here so that others can participate.
Yes pretty sure it hasn't been changed in 45yrs. It's dumb that people don't take care of the equipment that make them money. I have what i call the bible. The book on the dozer fixed in other words. Can I tell me the part number on that Deal. And maybe where that drain is located so in can make sure it's not blocked. And thank you for your information it's very helpful.
The o-ring seal is a Cat #8B4967 or get a regular trade size dash 318 o-ring from hydraulic supplier. Trace the small 1/4" drain line coming out of the transfer pump body. Dumps near the pan line towards the rear of the engine. You'd know if it was leaking although they have been known to get plugged up.
Like to thank you for your help on my d7 you were 100% correct about everything.
Glad to hear it all worked out. Amazing the grief a 50 cent o-ring can cause.
Need more help bud